The NewerTech GripBase is a versatile tool that turns your iPad 2 into a convenient terminal style workstation. There are two main pieces that screw together to form the base. The actual base of the unit has a wide stance and is weighted to keep your unit from being tipped over. The gray middle spins for easy rotation.
The vertical standoff piece offers a few different positions for holding your iPad 2, vertical and horizontal in both high and low positions.
Here we see the GripBase together. The round "Grip" piece at the top is identical to the GripStand minus the round ring for holding the system. This is the high position, you can swivel the grip part under for the low position.
Here we see the high position with the iPad elevated from your desk.
Here we see the low position. Here the iPad is still elevated off the desk but is still very low to the desk.
In the base and in the high position you will want to use a Bluetooth keyboard or have something against the iPad on the back side. The swivel tends to make touch screen difficult to use when touching the outer edges of the display. The iPad swivels when you start pressing on the screen. This gets worse as you move further away from the center of the screen.
Not that the Newer Technology GripBase / GripStand 2 bundle isn't complete as we've shown so far, there is yet another option for mounting the iPad. Included is an automotive headrest wrap around. This allows you to mount your iPad 2 to your car's headrest for viewing movies or other content while on the go and in the back seat.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD