The NewerTech GripBase is a versatile tool that turns your iPad 2 into a convenient terminal style workstation. There are two main pieces that screw together to form the base. The actual base of the unit has a wide stance and is weighted to keep your unit from being tipped over. The gray middle spins for easy rotation.
The vertical standoff piece offers a few different positions for holding your iPad 2, vertical and horizontal in both high and low positions.
Here we see the GripBase together. The round "Grip" piece at the top is identical to the GripStand minus the round ring for holding the system. This is the high position, you can swivel the grip part under for the low position.
Here we see the high position with the iPad elevated from your desk.
Here we see the low position. Here the iPad is still elevated off the desk but is still very low to the desk.
In the base and in the high position you will want to use a Bluetooth keyboard or have something against the iPad on the back side. The swivel tends to make touch screen difficult to use when touching the outer edges of the display. The iPad swivels when you start pressing on the screen. This gets worse as you move further away from the center of the screen.
Not that the Newer Technology GripBase / GripStand 2 bundle isn't complete as we've shown so far, there is yet another option for mounting the iPad. Included is an automotive headrest wrap around. This allows you to mount your iPad 2 to your car's headrest for viewing movies or other content while on the go and in the back seat.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'