The NewerTech GripBase is a versatile tool that turns your iPad 2 into a convenient terminal style workstation. There are two main pieces that screw together to form the base. The actual base of the unit has a wide stance and is weighted to keep your unit from being tipped over. The gray middle spins for easy rotation.
The vertical standoff piece offers a few different positions for holding your iPad 2, vertical and horizontal in both high and low positions.
Here we see the GripBase together. The round "Grip" piece at the top is identical to the GripStand minus the round ring for holding the system. This is the high position, you can swivel the grip part under for the low position.
Here we see the high position with the iPad elevated from your desk.
Here we see the low position. Here the iPad is still elevated off the desk but is still very low to the desk.
In the base and in the high position you will want to use a Bluetooth keyboard or have something against the iPad on the back side. The swivel tends to make touch screen difficult to use when touching the outer edges of the display. The iPad swivels when you start pressing on the screen. This gets worse as you move further away from the center of the screen.
Not that the Newer Technology GripBase / GripStand 2 bundle isn't complete as we've shown so far, there is yet another option for mounting the iPad. Included is an automotive headrest wrap around. This allows you to mount your iPad 2 to your car's headrest for viewing movies or other content while on the go and in the back seat.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- NVIDIA preparing for GeForce GTX 1050 launch next month
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now