Without a real specification sheet or metrics for standard benchmarks, today's look at the NewerTech GripStand 2 and GripBase will be more like a show-and-tell. NewerTech is part of the same group that is also responsible for Other World Computers. Their products are sold at Macsales.com, one of the largest Mac specific e-tailers we've been able to find.
By now just about everyone who reads TweakTown on a regular basis knows OWCs for their solid state drives. Newer Technology has an even larger presents in the Mac accessories market. On the Newer Technology website we spotted several categories of products that range from memory to screen covers with everything in between available as well.
Being a long time PC fan I was pulled into the Apple world through another company, Pioneer Electronics. My Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT car audio/navigation unit uses an iPod Classic as a music storage device, my first Apple purchase. I'm a big Pioneer fan and love their products. In the home we have two Pioneer Elite SC-37 receivers for the main and upstairs floors that pump audio to the living room, back patio, master bedroom, master bathroom and garage. A Pioneer Elite SC-57 resides in the home theater and also pumps audio and video to my office adjacent to the home theater. As you can imagine managing remote controllers can be an issue with so many locations under the control of just three receivers. This is where the iPad comes into play. Pioneer Electronics built a very nice iOS remote control software package that provides control of everything through an IP interface, no matter where we are in the house. If you want to tame the kids in the living room from the kitchen, all you need is the iPad and within three or four seconds the volume can be brought to within reason.
Using one device to rule them all means that device is in constant use. Wear and tear is an understatement on regular remotes, but when one device acts as the remote for three receivers, two Blu-Ray players and a TV, our iPad gets a workout every day. This is where the NewerTech NuGuard comes into play for protecting the iPad 2 and it's also where we'll start this review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD is aiming at the VR market with its Polaris-based video cards
- Be 'Grimm' in our Season Four Blu-ray giveaway
- Did Bethesda just release its own uPlay-like games launcher?
- Dark Souls developer's next game will be on PlayStation VR
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched