Without a real specification sheet or metrics for standard benchmarks, today's look at the NewerTech GripStand 2 and GripBase will be more like a show-and-tell. NewerTech is part of the same group that is also responsible for Other World Computers. Their products are sold at Macsales.com, one of the largest Mac specific e-tailers we've been able to find.
By now just about everyone who reads TweakTown on a regular basis knows OWCs for their solid state drives. Newer Technology has an even larger presents in the Mac accessories market. On the Newer Technology website we spotted several categories of products that range from memory to screen covers with everything in between available as well.
Being a long time PC fan I was pulled into the Apple world through another company, Pioneer Electronics. My Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT car audio/navigation unit uses an iPod Classic as a music storage device, my first Apple purchase. I'm a big Pioneer fan and love their products. In the home we have two Pioneer Elite SC-37 receivers for the main and upstairs floors that pump audio to the living room, back patio, master bedroom, master bathroom and garage. A Pioneer Elite SC-57 resides in the home theater and also pumps audio and video to my office adjacent to the home theater. As you can imagine managing remote controllers can be an issue with so many locations under the control of just three receivers. This is where the iPad comes into play. Pioneer Electronics built a very nice iOS remote control software package that provides control of everything through an IP interface, no matter where we are in the house. If you want to tame the kids in the living room from the kitchen, all you need is the iPad and within three or four seconds the volume can be brought to within reason.
Using one device to rule them all means that device is in constant use. Wear and tear is an understatement on regular remotes, but when one device acts as the remote for three receivers, two Blu-Ray players and a TV, our iPad gets a workout every day. This is where the NewerTech NuGuard comes into play for protecting the iPad 2 and it's also where we'll start this review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY