The following little snippets don't really have a category of their own, so I'll just group them together. While not life-changing, they are little things that help give you a more complete picture of this case and what it has to offer.
To start things off, we'll point out a few added things that come along with this case when it ships. The backplate is no surprise and neither is the bag of screws and extra standoffs for mounting the motherboard. But there are a couple of items that are out of the ordinary.
The cable you see on top is for that high-speed fan that doesn't come with a 4-pin Molex connector. If you're like me, you have a bunch of converters sitting around your work area, but very few of them allow you to monitor fan speeds. The cable shown hooks into the 3-pin power cord and then allows you to use a regular 4-pin converter to power the fan. It also has a single yellow strand hooked to a 3-pin cable that you can attach to a vacant motherboard header to let you monitor fan speeds.
Also of note is that there is an extra battery included. This battery is for the HardCano unit as this is what powers the LCD display. It is unusual for an extra battery to be added, and it is a welcome change.
And speaking of that LCD display, we never saw it working. Let's change that.
The bottom temperature shown is what is being picked up by the probe. The probe has the very thin wires to allow it to be attached to the bottom of the processor. From there, you just set the temperature alarm limit and you're set. If the temperature being read by the probe ever gets to the alarm level, it lets you know. To adjust the alarm level, just use a small screwdriver to adjust the blue insert that is on the bottom right of the display.
You can also record temperatures if you're so inclined. And the HardCano unit even has an On/Off switch. This has been something that has been missing from their previous models. In order to turn any of the probes off, you had to physically remove the battery.
If you'll remember the front of the case, you'll recall that there is a label with the Thermaltake name on the lower front panel of the case. Many might think it is nothing more than a brand name screwed to the front, but if you check it out in the dark you'll see that it is actually a low intensity LED display. Just another of those little things that help this case stand out.
Another little addition is a pair of clips that are attached to the HDD dive bays. These clips will work great for keeping any wires in this area out of the way and securely mounted to the side of the bay. While it may not sound like much, it was a big help when it came time to start tucking wires inside the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Xaser III - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Xaser III - Page 2 [Exterior]
- Xaser III - Page 3 [Exterior Continued]
- Xaser III - Page 4 [Interior]
- Xaser III - Page 5 [Interior Continued]
- Xaser III - Page 6 [Miscellaneous]
- Xaser III - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- MSI shows off new gaming notebooks powered by Intel Skylake
- EVGA will soon be entering the enthusiast gaming notebook market
- NVIDIA GRID 2.0 will be powered by Maxwell-based Tesla M60, Tesla M6
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015