HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
We're doing the charts a little different today. Since the Corsair Performance Pro uses the same controller and from what we can tell a similar firmware, we've included it in our charts. This allows us to take a deeper look at the new 24nm flash found on the Plextor M3. The main competition for the Plextor M3 is still the OCZ Vertex 3 240GB since it still holds the price, performance and availability crown.
In the sequential read test the Plextor M3 256GB delivers around 388MB/s on average while reading across the drive. This is in line with the Vertex 3 240GB. I'm predicting a good battle between these two drives today!
The M3 has an average write speed of 319MB/s. The new PRO model should do better in this test; hopefully we can see it when released in a couple of weeks. Still, the standard M3 is very fast when writing data sequentially to the drive, but a little slower than the Vertex 3 240GB. This data is compressible; we'll look at the incompressible results in a few pages.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Plextor M3 Series 256GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse