At first I wasn't too sure what to expect with SteelSeries. While I was in Vegas, I was told a lot of things, most of them true, some I am still waiting to see for myself what is in store for us, but with SteelSeries, everything they told me was true. The mouse is super light, ergonomically correct in its natural feel in your hand, it is very easy to use for both the right and left handed users and my days of pushing bricks across my desk to game or browse the web are long behind me! I had my doubts while I was sitting across the table flinging mice around that weren't even connected. Seeing, feeling, using and experiencing what the Kana Black 1.1 has to offer, I for one am sold on it.
You can go out and buy a mouse with 6000 DPI, it can have up to 78 programmable keys, it can have weights, and I mean the list is really endless for mouse add-ons. What you get for your money with SteelSeries comes from a different approach altogether. They aren't grabbing mediocre parts from a bin and slamming them into an uber-awesome looking mouse that looks something like an erector set for a point and click device.
Of course that sells and sells well, but with SteelSeries, it's about the feel and lack thereof that puts them at the top of my list. Being aided by professional gamers for input of form and function and then allowing Facebook users to vote on a winning design just speaks volumes of the effort and thought that goes into delivering a mouse that offers the perfect feel in a game without you even realizing the mouse is in your hand. It is an odd concept to wrap your mind around I know, but with my heavier mice, I was always reminded with every move that my brick was still there.
The public release of these mice has just hit the internet so locating the Kana in either the White 1.1 version or the Black 1.1 we just looked at, the feel and functionality is all the same, it is truly just a color and LED difference. The SteelSeries Engine software is very intuitive, functions well and takes just a few seconds to dial in as long as we aren't programming the macros. I spent a lot of hours gaming and using the Kana Black 1.1 and I really can't see myself moving back to any bulky, weighty mice for the long term. I used to be a fan of bigger and more included goodies makes for a better product. SteelSeries flipped my thoughts on their ear and delivered a precision gaming mouse that works great in games and at the desktop level. I really can't say enough about this mouse, if you are in the market for a new one, I strongly suggest you look at the SteelSeries Kana for your next purchase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now