You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
As we mentioned previously we'll display several arrays today with the LSI MegaRAID 9265-8i. RAID 5 and RAID 6 will use a 64k size, the default when building an array. RAID 0 performance will be shown in 8kb, 64kb, 512kb and 1MB.
I've wanted to write a review in this format for years and this article took a very long time to finally finish. What you see today is only a small part of the tests run. We also tested with Seagate 15,000 RPM SAS drives, Corsair Performance 3's and a few oddball arrays with and without Fast Path. We'll also show the Fast Path results as well.
For the review we are using eight Crucial C300 256GB drives with and without Fast Path enabled. Fast Path is the additional software that increases the IOPS performance of MegaRAID controllers. In RAID 0, 5 and 6 you double IOPS performance when used with drives that are capable of delivering high IOPS performance. Achieving 2x performance under real-world conditions would be very difficult, unlike the targeted tests.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In this ATTO run we see an eight drive (8D) RAID 0 (R0) array with a 1MB build. The read performance reaches 3500 MB/s while write performance is over 2770 MB/s. The 4k write speed is over 321 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015