You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
As we mentioned previously we'll display several arrays today with the LSI MegaRAID 9265-8i. RAID 5 and RAID 6 will use a 64k size, the default when building an array. RAID 0 performance will be shown in 8kb, 64kb, 512kb and 1MB.
I've wanted to write a review in this format for years and this article took a very long time to finally finish. What you see today is only a small part of the tests run. We also tested with Seagate 15,000 RPM SAS drives, Corsair Performance 3's and a few oddball arrays with and without Fast Path. We'll also show the Fast Path results as well.
For the review we are using eight Crucial C300 256GB drives with and without Fast Path enabled. Fast Path is the additional software that increases the IOPS performance of MegaRAID controllers. In RAID 0, 5 and 6 you double IOPS performance when used with drives that are capable of delivering high IOPS performance. Achieving 2x performance under real-world conditions would be very difficult, unlike the targeted tests.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In this ATTO run we see an eight drive (8D) RAID 0 (R0) array with a 1MB build. The read performance reaches 3500 MB/s while write performance is over 2770 MB/s. The 4k write speed is over 321 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Voice dictation coming to Apple TV
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance