You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
As we mentioned previously we'll display several arrays today with the LSI MegaRAID 9265-8i. RAID 5 and RAID 6 will use a 64k size, the default when building an array. RAID 0 performance will be shown in 8kb, 64kb, 512kb and 1MB.
I've wanted to write a review in this format for years and this article took a very long time to finally finish. What you see today is only a small part of the tests run. We also tested with Seagate 15,000 RPM SAS drives, Corsair Performance 3's and a few oddball arrays with and without Fast Path. We'll also show the Fast Path results as well.
For the review we are using eight Crucial C300 256GB drives with and without Fast Path enabled. Fast Path is the additional software that increases the IOPS performance of MegaRAID controllers. In RAID 0, 5 and 6 you double IOPS performance when used with drives that are capable of delivering high IOPS performance. Achieving 2x performance under real-world conditions would be very difficult, unlike the targeted tests.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In this ATTO run we see an eight drive (8D) RAID 0 (R0) array with a 1MB build. The read performance reaches 3500 MB/s while write performance is over 2770 MB/s. The 4k write speed is over 321 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design