LSI MegaRAID 9265-8i
We're not going to spend a whole lot of time today going on the packaging. Most, if not all, 9265-8i's will be sold over the net.
LSI has information all over the box - front, back and sides.
Everything is packaged well inside with the controller separate from the accessory package.
Speaking of the accessory package, you get two cables, a low profile adapter bracket, several manuals and finally a software disk with drivers and more manuals.
Here we get our first look at the LSI 9265-8i controller. This is a passive cooled controller so you'll want some air flow going to the card. Our sample is currently sitting in an open case with a little breeze coming from a fan mounted around 8 inches away, but the smaller your enclosure, the more air you'll need.
The two SFF-8087 ports, each with four 6Gb/s lanes are at the front of the card. This is a little different than most of the controllers we see with the cables coming off the back. The design let's you use a shorter depth case, but you will be somewhat tight for space when using a 2U enclosure with a vertical PCIe stack.
LSI covered the card with surface mount components; they are just about everywhere with very little surface left open.
A daughter board holds the cache on the back of the card.
Two brackets are included. We used the full height version, but 2U users can easily switch to the half-height bracket.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni