LSI MegaRAID 9265-8i
We're not going to spend a whole lot of time today going on the packaging. Most, if not all, 9265-8i's will be sold over the net.
LSI has information all over the box - front, back and sides.
Everything is packaged well inside with the controller separate from the accessory package.
Speaking of the accessory package, you get two cables, a low profile adapter bracket, several manuals and finally a software disk with drivers and more manuals.
Here we get our first look at the LSI 9265-8i controller. This is a passive cooled controller so you'll want some air flow going to the card. Our sample is currently sitting in an open case with a little breeze coming from a fan mounted around 8 inches away, but the smaller your enclosure, the more air you'll need.
The two SFF-8087 ports, each with four 6Gb/s lanes are at the front of the card. This is a little different than most of the controllers we see with the cables coming off the back. The design let's you use a shorter depth case, but you will be somewhat tight for space when using a 2U enclosure with a vertical PCIe stack.
LSI covered the card with surface mount components; they are just about everywhere with very little surface left open.
A daughter board holds the cache on the back of the card.
Two brackets are included. We used the full height version, but 2U users can easily switch to the half-height bracket.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset