RAID controllers are a lot of things to different people. Some like me, a power user, is able to tune the RAID block size for general use computing, balancing the small file IOPS with large sequential file transfer speeds. Enterprise users running database tasks on their controller can tune the block size to achieve high IOPS when needed. Having the ability to change RAID block sizes is the key to making a RAID controller to fit every occasion, including users looking to stream large files like movies and music.
For years I've talked about RAID tuning and even gave some examples on a small scale. The LSI 9265-8i that we are looking at today takes the ability to optimize your RAID arrays to new levels and does so with a very easy to navigate user interface. The base controller with its dual-core ROC processor and 1GB DRAM cache has become the industry standard, but LSI didn't stop there. Add on packages like LSI's FastPath and CacheCade further enhance usability based on user need.
When our 9265-8i sample first arrived we were in the process of building a super computer based on the EVGA SR-2 dual Xeon enthusiast's board. At the time LSI was having issues with a handful of enthusiast class motherboards with the SR-2 being one of them. Since that time LSI and the motherboard makers have found and corrected several if not all of the issues. There was a time though when enthusiasts were pounding their heads against the wall trying to make everything mesh as it should.
Today we'll be looking at the LSI 9265-8i MegaRAID SAS in several RAID configurations and with different block sizes. Let's dive in and see the specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications