While I was at CES, I was scheduled to already have had this review ready to go live, but things changed in the schedule and I had to wait until after I got home to play with one of my own. I had seen them used in displays at the NZXT suite when I went there for my meeting with them.
At that time I saw a white version of this chassis with all sorts of liquid cooling in it and it seemed somehow empty still. Then on the other side of the room there was another of these chassis modded with a futuristic LAPD backdrop. With all kinds of sick airbrushing and modifications done to the chassis, I could see NZXT was really on to something big with this new chassis design.
Now I don't mean to leave out the buyer who just wants to run air cooling, that is where this chassis gets its Hybrid Full Tower status. For those who want to go with water cooling there are two places inside the chassis for radiators and there is always the option to add externally. For those who want to air cool, the chassis is shipped with three 120mm fans and offers ten total locations for 120mm fans to be installed into this chassis, so you have all the opportunities you need if you are an air cooling sort of person. Then there is the third phase of this concept. You can use the chassis as it is shipped to your house and have the comfort of silence; I mean this case even has louvers that shut on the top to kill even more of the noise that can emanate from the chassis' interior.
In case you missed the title of this review, we are looking at the newest full tower from NZXT, the Switch 810. NZXT had a plan and that plan was to offer everything they could pack neatly into this chassis design and deliver it a very respectable price point. For those of you who are, or were fans of the Phantom or the Phantom 410 chassis concepts, you are going to love the exterior styling of this new chassis as well. I don't want to give too much away too early, but plan for a lot of dark, shiny, black exterior components with just as many tricks to be found on or around the outside of the chassis as there is on the inside.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20