Accessories and Documentation
The black box I found in the hard drive bays has the hardware names and quantity next to each of the images right on the top of the box. To complete the checklist, there are also some zip ties and a fan controller, although I don't see any Velcro.
The fan controller comes in its own bag, but I opened it up to show its contents. You get the twist style knob on the back of the case once the controller is mounted in an expansion slot. Then you just connect the power lead to the PSU via a 4-pin Molex connection and then have the ability to control up to three fans.
You also receive a 5.25" to 3.5" adapter cover for the lower 5.25" bays and the floppy drive tray installed there to get access to the drive behind the door of the R3. You also get a set of eight zip ties to contain your wiring inside this chassis.
Just like the top of the box showed, there is in fact all of the hardware as far as the screws and risers are concerned. The images will help you with any confusion as to which goes where.
The Define R3 user manual is more of a guide really. While they do take you through a step by step set of assembly instructions, there isn't any other help really provided with the text if you were to run into an issue.
The one part of the manual I did find handy was the fold out page and the image of the chassis in an exploded view with eleven of the components labeled for easier identification during the instructional guide reading.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Fractal Design Define R3 USB 3.0 Black Pearl Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Define R3 Black Pearl]
- Page 6 [Inside the Define R3 Black Pearl Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family