For what seems like the better part of last year, I was working emails, Cameron was working emails, even Chris Ramseyer sent one over thinking he had the magic fingers to write the appropriate e-mail to address our desire in seeing for ourselves what all the hype was surrounding the Fractal Design chassis concepts and implementation.
To my dismay most of our e-mails went unanswered, all but one. At that point I was supposed to be looking at the flagship chassis, but as luck would have it NCIX.com beggared up that deal and I never received the chassis.
As I was making a meeting with Lian Li on the CES show floor, I happened to show up a few minutes early. While JP from Lian Li was talking to someone I stood and waited my turn, but as I did I was also scouting the floor for my next meeting and I happened to see the Fractal Design booth. After I finished up with JP, I walked over to the Fractal booth and was greeted by a representative who I caught looking at my press badge to see who I was. So offhandedly I asked him, am I on some sort of blacklist I don't know about? I know it was a bit tongue and cheek to say that to them, but it set the mood for a great conversation and what must have been a twenty minute tour around their both looking at what I had missed along with a sick looking BF3 case mod.
As I was leaving to make the next meeting, which I was serious late for at this time, I was given a card and told to contact them for anything I wanted to look at. While my original request some time ago was to obtain the Define XL, since then my views have changed a bit on what I wanted to look at. In the discussions I asked for simply and affordable chassis that you guys are proud to stand behind and if that goes well, I still want to see that Define XL. For now, Fractal has fulfilled everything they had said would happen in Vegas. Today we are looking at the mid-tower, Define R3 USB3.0 in Black Pearl from Fractal Design.
I am glad we have finally broken the ice so that I may see for myself and bring to you what has been making Fractal Design almost a household name, over just the past year.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Fractal Design Define R3 USB 3.0 Black Pearl Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Define R3 Black Pearl]
- Page 6 [Inside the Define R3 Black Pearl Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- The Rock and Apple announce a movie co-starring...Siri?!
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4