Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's equal to that of the Enermax Revolution87+, we can test it to the maximum.
Let's start by taking a look at the voltages to see how well this unit did during testing. Starting with the 12V rails, we see 2% regulation from start to finish across all the rails. 12V2 showed the most significant voltage drop from Test 1 through Test 6, dropping a total of .18V. 12V1 and 12V4 showed the least voltage drop from Test 1 through Test 6, dropping a total of .16V. The 5V rail also stayed within 2% voltage regulation and a total drop of .06V. Moving towards the 3.3V rail, we see that regulation was within 1% with a total voltage drop of .04V.
DC output quality was excellent from start to finish and arguably one of the strongest points of the Revolution87+ 1000W. Starting out, we were barely able to see a ripple on the scope during Test 1 where we measured noise at a low 8mV peak to peak. This steadily increased as the loads also increased. By the time we had reached around 50% load, the unit ripple had crept up to 13mV. Under full load, we saw that the noise on the 12V rail had crept up to 24mV.
The Enermax Revolution87+ is rated for 80Plus Gold efficiency. This means that the power supply must perform at 87%/90%/87% efficiency at 20%/50%/100% loads respectively. As you can see, the Revolution87+ blew this out of the water while on our test bench. At no time was the unit close to failing for efficiency. As a matter of fact, the unit was extremely close to passing for a Platinum efficiency rating.
Once again, Enermax delivers a unit that performs well in all aspects.
The Revolution 87+ 1000W unit comes packed to the brim with features and extras. It also proves that it is worthy of the Enermax name with top notch performance from start to finish. Voltage regulation is excellent on all rails. The DC output quality and efficiency are also flawless.
It's hard to fault a unit in a big way when the only things you can find wrong with it are the price and the cable selection and connector availability.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- Pokemon GO in-game Halloween event set for Oct 26 to Nov
- AMD confirms high-end Zen CPU launch for early 2017
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards