Inside the Box
The unit is packed well inside the box with an inch of foam above and below the unit.
Everything is held in place tightly by the modular cables and accessories.
SilverStone's Strider Gold Evolution comes in the rough textured black finish. On the top is the SilverStone logo stamped into the enclosure.
SilverStone chose to leave one side of the power supply blank.
The other side displays the I/O specification label and serial number.
The modular connections on the front are labeled neatly. There is no need to list what rails are where as the unit only has a single 12V rail.
The back houses the standard honeycomb mesh grill. The one thing you might notice back here is that there is no On/Off rocker switch for the unit. If you want to kill the power to the PSU, you must unplug the power cable.
The bottom houses the 139mm fluid dynamic bearing penetrator fan. Sounds like some marketing hype, but we will take a look at it.
Included with the unit are enough modular cables to make you lose your mind trying to hide them all if you end up using them. It should be pointed out at this time that the PCIe video card connectors use 2200uF capacitors to eliminate any whine noise from the video cards. This has been an issue with some other power supplies on the market.
Also included with the unit are two manuals. One is specific to the Strider Gold Evolution series and one is a general manual. There are a set of thumbscrews and regular screws for mounting the unit. Cable ties come in the form of both single use and reusable ties. Also pictured are the AC power cord and the fan filter. If you wish to use the fan filter, simply stick it to the power supply. It attaches magnetically which is very nice and makes it easy for cleaning.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- SilverStone alerted us of some changes we might required to our review. We have applied some updates from the first version.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio