I'm not surprised with what we're seeing here today. After having tested the new AMD Radeon HD 7000 series in a number of ways, the fact that we're seeing 100% gains under CrossFire doesn't shock me one bit. Overall there's no real surprise when it comes to performance, it does exactly what we thought it would do, offer amazing performance with super superb scaling.
The biggest shock for the setup today comes from the cooler, the temperature of the GPUs and the noise levels and I mean shock in only the best possible way. Considering the power of the setup, the temperature the cards run at combined with the extremely low noise levels are amazing. I'm not sure which other way you can put it. Like I mentioned, it's a real testament to the 28nm GPU and the Sapphire dual fan coolers.
Priced at $479.99 US as well, the model is a good option for people who want just one card, or want to go down the path of CrossFire. For the most part, this is actually a better setup than the HD 7970 in CrossFire. Not because of raw performance, of course the HD 7970 CF setup sits faster, but from the perspective of the extremely playable numbers offered at any resolution along with the more aggressive price tag.
Move onto the Sapphire version, they look even better again thanks to the extremely low noise levels of the setup when running in CrossFire along with just the overall low temperature of the setup. Again, considering the performance you get out of this setup, the noise and temperature numbers are just so much lower than you'd expect.
For a setup that falls in under $1,000 US, I really feel you're not going to get one that looks better than the one we've tested here today with what is on the market at the moment. The HD 7900 series continues to be a strong performing series that just gets better from every angle we look at it. I can't wait to see what happens when we overclock these two cards considering what we saw in our single GPU overclocking article.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20