AMD Radeon HD 7950 CrossFire was one setup that I found myself really excited to test, with what we've seen so far from the single HD 7950 in terms of the pre-overclocked XFX offering, reference clocked HIS offering along with the reference AMD model heavily overclocked.
The big issue we knew we would run into at the launch of the HD 7950 was getting two cards that would carry the same cooler because AMD had given its partners the chance to do whatever they wanted when it came to the fan this time around.
Thanks to Sapphire, though, we had the opportunity to get a pair of HD 7950s that we knew would carry the same cooler making it the perfect setup for CrossFire testing. Since we haven't looked at these cards yet the first thing we need to do is check out the package.
Once we've checked out the package we'll move onto the card, check out the specifications of these overclocked cards, have a quick look at our testbed and then of course get into the performance side of things to see just how this setup scales.
Getting into the bundle there's not much different when it comes to the paperwork side of things, what does stand out is the selection of cables, an area that is lacking from a lot of companies recently.
Looking above, though, you can see we've got a pair of Molex to 6-Pin PCIe power convertors, HDMI cable, HDMI to DVI, MiniDP to DP, CrossFire bridge and DVI to VGA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design