AMD Radeon HD 7950 CrossFire was one setup that I found myself really excited to test, with what we've seen so far from the single HD 7950 in terms of the pre-overclocked XFX offering, reference clocked HIS offering along with the reference AMD model heavily overclocked.
The big issue we knew we would run into at the launch of the HD 7950 was getting two cards that would carry the same cooler because AMD had given its partners the chance to do whatever they wanted when it came to the fan this time around.
Thanks to Sapphire, though, we had the opportunity to get a pair of HD 7950s that we knew would carry the same cooler making it the perfect setup for CrossFire testing. Since we haven't looked at these cards yet the first thing we need to do is check out the package.
Once we've checked out the package we'll move onto the card, check out the specifications of these overclocked cards, have a quick look at our testbed and then of course get into the performance side of things to see just how this setup scales.
Getting into the bundle there's not much different when it comes to the paperwork side of things, what does stand out is the selection of cables, an area that is lacking from a lot of companies recently.
Looking above, though, you can see we've got a pair of Molex to 6-Pin PCIe power convertors, HDMI cable, HDMI to DVI, MiniDP to DP, CrossFire bridge and DVI to VGA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99