AMD Radeon HD 7950 CrossFire was one setup that I found myself really excited to test, with what we've seen so far from the single HD 7950 in terms of the pre-overclocked XFX offering, reference clocked HIS offering along with the reference AMD model heavily overclocked.
The big issue we knew we would run into at the launch of the HD 7950 was getting two cards that would carry the same cooler because AMD had given its partners the chance to do whatever they wanted when it came to the fan this time around.
Thanks to Sapphire, though, we had the opportunity to get a pair of HD 7950s that we knew would carry the same cooler making it the perfect setup for CrossFire testing. Since we haven't looked at these cards yet the first thing we need to do is check out the package.
Once we've checked out the package we'll move onto the card, check out the specifications of these overclocked cards, have a quick look at our testbed and then of course get into the performance side of things to see just how this setup scales.
Getting into the bundle there's not much different when it comes to the paperwork side of things, what does stand out is the selection of cables, an area that is lacking from a lot of companies recently.
Looking above, though, you can see we've got a pair of Molex to 6-Pin PCIe power convertors, HDMI cable, HDMI to DVI, MiniDP to DP, CrossFire bridge and DVI to VGA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017