Raidmax Viper Mid Tower Chassis
After you take a good look at the bright orange accents on the rounded front bezel and how well it plays against all the black and the venting at the bottom, squint your eyes a bit and tell me you can't sort of see the snake looking right back at you. I can see where the Viper name comes from.
The head of the snake opens to reveal the four removable bay covers as well as the 3.5" bay for a floppy drive mixed in with the front I/O panel. The lower half of the bezel is ventilated to allow the 120mm, blue LED fan to glow through the vents while they supply the fan fresh air to intake.
Zooming the camera lens in, we can get a much better look at the I/O panel. On the left is the power button with the green LED to indicate system power. Below the floppy drive bay there is a pair of USB 3.0 ports with 3.5mm headphone and MIC jacks between them. This leaves the right side that has the reset button and red HDD activity light.
An odd octagonal shape is what is chosen for this bronze colored window, which even has a 120mm fan strapped to it to provide air flow through the window and directly onto your graphics card or cards. The rest of the panel is flat and receives a textured, flat black paint job.
The first look at the back of the chassis shows off some of that blue in the fan exhausting next to the rear I/O shield area. Moving down you can see the seven blue expansion slot covers and the trio of holes with grommets in them next to it. Of course the large hole at the bottom is for the PSU.
The right side of the chassis if looked at from the front offers not much more than blackness and a finger pull area indented into the steel. The back however offers plastic handles that were folded in on the last image, but here I extended them out. They do make the door removal much easier.
The bottom of the chassis appears to have large chunky feet, but in reality the case rests entirely on the four tiny rubber pads. The do keep the chassis in place and will not damage the surface the chassis is sitting on. In between the rear feet is a removable dust filter for the power supply and it is removed by pulling it out the back of the chassis for cleaning.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog