Why they call it TrueCONTROL
You've been hearing me say that this particular PSU model is different from the rest of the ones on the market, but what really makes it stand apart from the rest? And while we're asking questions, why do they call it TrueCONTROL, anyway?
Let's see if I can answer these questions
Hmmm...I thought we were working with a power supply here, not a 5.25" drive converter.
What we have here is a panel that fits into an empty 5.25" optical drive bay. But why in the world do we need this for a power supply? I'm glad you asked.
See the inset screws there? This is why they call it CONTROL. Those screws allow you to adjust the actual voltage levels of the different power rails within the system. Want a little extra power going to the PCI peripherals? Just crank up the corresponding voltage level and you've got it. Want some added cooling from all those case fans you've got running full blast? Just bump up that 12v power setting. Wherever you need that little boost of juice, this PSU lets you do it. This is a blessing for those power users who are looking for a way to get a little more power to those components when going for that record overclock!
Also seen is a fan control knob that lets you adjust the speed of the PSU fans. Since a lot of us don't care for the thermal probe approach for fan speeds, you can manually set the fan speed to give maximum exhaust from the power supply.
And finally, the little black knob with the little screwdriver pictured underneath is exactly that, a small tool with a cross-tip end that allows you to make the adjustments to the power rails.
Hiding behind those magic little knobs is the connector for that little white cable that I showed you on the last page. It has all the wiring necessary to allow for the voltages adjustments and the fan speed adjustments.
But Antec didn't want to make a drive bay completely useless so they added the ability to add in a 3.5" device. That small grill at the front can be easily removed if it requires a front access, so you still have a lot of flexibility.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- TrueControl 550 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- TrueControl 550 - Page 2 [The PSU]
- TrueControl 550 - Page 3 [TrueCONTROL]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog