Why they call it TrueCONTROL
You've been hearing me say that this particular PSU model is different from the rest of the ones on the market, but what really makes it stand apart from the rest? And while we're asking questions, why do they call it TrueCONTROL, anyway?
Let's see if I can answer these questions
Hmmm...I thought we were working with a power supply here, not a 5.25" drive converter.
What we have here is a panel that fits into an empty 5.25" optical drive bay. But why in the world do we need this for a power supply? I'm glad you asked.
See the inset screws there? This is why they call it CONTROL. Those screws allow you to adjust the actual voltage levels of the different power rails within the system. Want a little extra power going to the PCI peripherals? Just crank up the corresponding voltage level and you've got it. Want some added cooling from all those case fans you've got running full blast? Just bump up that 12v power setting. Wherever you need that little boost of juice, this PSU lets you do it. This is a blessing for those power users who are looking for a way to get a little more power to those components when going for that record overclock!
Also seen is a fan control knob that lets you adjust the speed of the PSU fans. Since a lot of us don't care for the thermal probe approach for fan speeds, you can manually set the fan speed to give maximum exhaust from the power supply.
And finally, the little black knob with the little screwdriver pictured underneath is exactly that, a small tool with a cross-tip end that allows you to make the adjustments to the power rails.
Hiding behind those magic little knobs is the connector for that little white cable that I showed you on the last page. It has all the wiring necessary to allow for the voltages adjustments and the fan speed adjustments.
But Antec didn't want to make a drive bay completely useless so they added the ability to add in a 3.5" device. That small grill at the front can be easily removed if it requires a front access, so you still have a lot of flexibility.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- TrueControl 550 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- TrueControl 550 - Page 2 [The PSU]
- TrueControl 550 - Page 3 [TrueCONTROL]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- We are looking for a US-based news reporter, join our awesome team!
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015