The Motherboard Continued
Moving away from the bottom of the board and starting to head north we actually don't have a whole lot going on thanks to the fact that our power and reset buttons are running across the bottom of the board instead of this top corner which is where we see most companies install them.
Instead up the top here we've just got the main 24-Pin ATX power connector and you can see the CMOS battery tucked behind that with a couple of DIMM slots.
Moving around the back you can see our main 8-Pin CPU power connector and moving out we can see our four DDR3 DIMM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 in Quad Channel at speeds exceeding 1600MHz+ DDR. We also get a good look at the CPU area which like most X79 boards we've seen is extremely clean.
Finally we finish up with the I/O side of things which starts off with a pair of USB 2.0 ports and a combo PS2 port. Next to that we've got an optical and coaxial out. Moving along again we've got four USB 2.0 ports along with two eSATA ports and a Bluetooth 2.1+ header running off the Atheros AR3011 controller.
Continuing along we've got dual Gigabit networking running off the Marvell 88E8057 Gigabit controller and four USB 3.0 ports running off the ASMedia controller. Finally we finish off with six audio ports which like the other two audio outputs run of the Realtek ALC892 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points