Xigmatek Midgard II Mid Tower Chassis
The face of the Midgard II is very different from the original. Here is a channeled outer edge that surrounds the center section of the bezel. All of the plastic components of this are coated including the four ODD bay covers above the large mesh panel with an X pressed into it near the bottom.
The top of the chassis is a smooth transition from the front panel and right away offers the front I/O panel. Here you can connect a USB 3.0 device and a pair of USB 2.0 devices. Then you also get the pair of 3.5mm jacks for audio and the reset and power buttons just in front of the activity and power LEDs.
Taking a step back you can now see the top of the chassis in its entirety. Just behind the front I/O is the docking station that accepts both 2.5" and 3.5" drives, followed by a long expanse of mesh, while the outside edge continued the channeling on the edge as did the front.
The side panel offers, in this version, room for an optional pair of 120mm or 140mm fans, or a combination of them. In the windowed version this mesh is replaced with a Lexan X that does not offer any fan position in this door then.
In the back, the top of the chassis seems to offer places for tubing above the rear exhaust fan and rear I/O area. Then you get seven expansion slots with a pair of grommets in holes made for tubing. That leaves the bottom mounted power supply location as the last bit to cover back here.
The other side of the chassis is very plain and is just an expanse of steel with the textured black paint on it. I do like that both panels get thumbscrews, as I have seen a few lately that only give them for the access side of the case and it annoys me to no end.
The chassis is supported with these thin, but large round discs for feet with rubber padding the keep the case from moving around or damaging the surface it is on. The Midgard II also offers dust filters for the PSU and the optional fan location in front of it, as long as the PSU isn't too long to block access to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Xigmatek Midgard II Mid Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Xigmatek Midgard II]
- Page 6 [Inside the Xigmatek Midgard II Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Take a walk with 'Billy Lynn' and win a 3D Blu-ray on us
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity