The ADATA S396 30GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the ADATA S396 30GB SSD. This is a new case design for ADATA, but it still uses an aluminum chassis. On the front ADATA shows the capacity size and model number.
On the back ADATA lists the model number, AS396S-30GM and the warranty code. At the bottom right side ADATA also includes the Acronis software key for easily cloning the data from your existing drive.
On the side we found the standard mounting points so you won't have an issue installing the drive in your notebook.
The SATA power and data ports are where they should be and the included desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive to the side so the ports line up with your 3.5" drives.
Now for the good stuff, this is the new SandForce SF-2141 controller that uses four channels. On this drive the NAND flash is on the other side of the PCB.
The ADATA website says that the S396 uses 25nm flash, but it doesn't give any information as to who manufactures the flash. The drive doesn't tell us much either. A couple of Google searches didn't turn up any information on 60073173 flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes