The ADATA S396 30GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the ADATA S396 30GB SSD. This is a new case design for ADATA, but it still uses an aluminum chassis. On the front ADATA shows the capacity size and model number.
On the back ADATA lists the model number, AS396S-30GM and the warranty code. At the bottom right side ADATA also includes the Acronis software key for easily cloning the data from your existing drive.
On the side we found the standard mounting points so you won't have an issue installing the drive in your notebook.
The SATA power and data ports are where they should be and the included desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive to the side so the ports line up with your 3.5" drives.
Now for the good stuff, this is the new SandForce SF-2141 controller that uses four channels. On this drive the NAND flash is on the other side of the PCB.
The ADATA website says that the S396 uses 25nm flash, but it doesn't give any information as to who manufactures the flash. The drive doesn't tell us much either. A couple of Google searches didn't turn up any information on 60073173 flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook