The ADATA S396 30GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the ADATA S396 30GB SSD. This is a new case design for ADATA, but it still uses an aluminum chassis. On the front ADATA shows the capacity size and model number.
On the back ADATA lists the model number, AS396S-30GM and the warranty code. At the bottom right side ADATA also includes the Acronis software key for easily cloning the data from your existing drive.
On the side we found the standard mounting points so you won't have an issue installing the drive in your notebook.
The SATA power and data ports are where they should be and the included desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive to the side so the ports line up with your 3.5" drives.
Now for the good stuff, this is the new SandForce SF-2141 controller that uses four channels. On this drive the NAND flash is on the other side of the PCB.
The ADATA website says that the S396 uses 25nm flash, but it doesn't give any information as to who manufactures the flash. The drive doesn't tell us much either. A couple of Google searches didn't turn up any information on 60073173 flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS