Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The first thing you see listed on the specifications is that the Freezer i30 has an amazing 320 watts worth of cooling power. To obtain this, ARCTIC uses forty-eight 0.5mm thick aluminum fins that surround 8mm diameter heat pipes, four in total. These pipes are bent very smooth into a U shape so that the pipes wrap under the aluminum base and mounting supports. Here the pipes are milled flat and allow for direct contact to transfer the heat from the CPU up into the Freezer i30. As I mentioned earlier, this cooler screams potential as the beefy-ness of this cooler is presented in more detail.
Cooling of this unit is handled with an ARCTIC F12 PWM fan. This 120mm fan has the capability to run from 400 to 1350 RPM delivering as much as 74 CFM with maximum RPMs. The nine white blades are supported with a fluid dynamic bearing with a black frame supporting it and a 4-pin connection for power.
The noise level is the real impressive part here. The 0.3 Sone measurement roughly converts to about 22.5 dBA. Converted once again, it falls under 40 dB for the purposes of our testing, and all I can say at this point is "wow, that's pretty low!" Again we will let the testing have the final say, but if this is true, I'm impressed.
The price of the ARCTIC Freezer i30 on their own site is listed at $49.95. I am sorry to say, but you will have to wait a bit before these units start to fill the shelves as I am writing this. There is one random listing at AireTechIT.co.uk for $48.50, but I'm sure the shipping will kill that deal for us on this side of the pond. At this point for us on this side, there is the option to buy direct, or sit and see what Newegg.com or most of the other e-tailers list at in the following weeks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ARCTIC Freezer i30 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The young Han Solo spin-off is a go, as Lucasfilm find their actor
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini