Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The all black steel chassis adds quite a bit of mesh to cover the front, top and the left side opening in that panel. ABS plastic is used in black to act as the frame for the top and front bezel and is accented with a pair of silver stripes that run along the top and down the sides of the front of the Fulmo GT. The rest of the exterior has the front I/O consisting of USB 2.0, USB 3.0, e-SATA, audio, fan control and lighting control of the LEDs in the five included fans. At the bottom there are huge, chunky, rubber feet to keep this monstrously sized chassis firmly in place. For those who may want to slide this chassis around a bit, there is also a full set of lockable casters to replace the feet and offer just such ability in the Fulmo GT.
On the interior there is a lot going on. In the front you have room for four 5.25" devices, and directly under this room for 2.5" and 3.5" drives, ten in total using plastic trays that slide in and out of the rack assembly. The motherboard tray is laid out and designed for an HPTX motherboard, but still offers wire management options for smaller boards. The chassis is designed to allow an additional five fans into the chassis to cool the massive amounts of hardware that can be contained within. The motherboard tray has all the wire management holes you can ever want, a plethora of tie points and dual CPU cooler back plate access holes. This leaves the rear of the chassis which offers ten expansion slots for running multiple GPU systems. On top of the provided cooling installed into the Fulmo GT, it is also water cooling friendly supporting a 420mm radiator in the top and also has grommets in the rear for external cooling above the Velcro strap used to secure the PSU during travel. With the size and heft of this chassis, I don't see you carrying this too far, but with the optional casters installed, I can see this rolling around over long distances. The strap will then help keep it from bouncing around.
I am pleased to be able to say, for such a new release, looking around, I found nine locations to purchase the Fulmo GT. Pricing sways from the lowest listing of $209.99 at Newegg.com all the way up to $273.16 at another e-tailer, but of course I try to find the best overall deal and with the Enermax Fulmo GT Newegg.com has not only the cheapest base pricing, but also the best total cost deal once shipping is included. Considering the $150 Xclio Touch 787 we just looked at, and is sold as a super tower, which should compete with a "big tower" in my mind, so let's get down to it and see where the $60 is applied, and if it is worth it to have this chassis even if an EVGA SR-2 or SR-3 system isn't in your near future. Hopefully by the time I am done you will see that you can't really ask for much more than what the Fulmo GT brings to the table at this price!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Did you want a Nokia Android smartphone? Here are three!
- Huawei unveils the Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic
- Enter the 'Doctor Strange' world in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Huawei unveils the P10 and P10 Plus
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand