Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The specifications are pretty straight forward with the mouse and keyboard included in the Briskie kit. The keyboard which makes up half of the kit is a dark grey body with black keys on rubber membrane switches. On top of the keys each is marked with white paint. As with any keyboard with painted keys, high acid sweat from hands or serious use will wear that off over time. The membrane keys travel 2.8mm before they make contact with one of the ten million keystrokes of lifespan that each of the 107 keys are rated for. The 417 grams is relatively light when comparing to my go to board, and the Briskie keyboard offers keys the same as what can be found on my laptop, and even has full sized shift keys on both sides of the board, something my other wireless solution does not offer.
The mouse uses a red laser for its optical sensing and tracking of location. This four button mouse offers left click, right click, the scroll wheel and a DPI button. The mouse will shift seamlessly through the DPI selections offering users their preference of 800, 1000, 1200 or 1600 DPI on the fly with the press of a button. The mouse without the battery weights in at near 58 grams, and while a bit light in feel, it and the keyboard are light enough to be good travel companions along with your laptop.
Enermax also includes a special gift with the Briskie as I received it, that isn't on the specifications list. That is that they give you a 3-in-1 mouse pad. With this, you not only get a rubber padded bottom with a cloth top to make mouse tracking better than on a plain surface, there are other benefits to be had with this "pad". Enermax claims that this is an anti-funk mat with anti-microbial properties of the micro-fiber cloth. So now that the funk is taken care of, I did mention its micro-fiber, and this allows it to be rinsed out, and better yet, it can be used to clean the screen. The last thing Enermax suggests for its use is to pad the screen from the keys on your laptop by sliding this in there when it is closed.
My last wireless solution set me back something like $20, and I wasn't really expecting all that much from it, and let's just say my low expectations still superseded the quality of that board. The reason I mention its pricing is because the one listing I was able to locate places this solution right in that same ball park. The one location Google turned up for the newly release Briskie was at Amazon.com for $21.75 prior to shipping charges. This is going to affect the scoring at the end, but leniency will be given due to the fresh release of the Briskie. I think we have a good enough grasp of what to expect over the next few pages so let's get to them and see what they are all about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- P.T. influenced game now coming to Xbox One and PS4, possibly VR
- Fox greenlights 'Deadpool' sequel before release of first
- Oculus founder says Rift pre-orders far outweigh dev kit orders
- FreeSync coming to mid-range HP laptops later this year
- iOS 9.3 beta 3 is out, adds Verizon Wi-Fi Calling, CarPlay features
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance