Noise Level Results
Not the greatest results on the chart, but from my experience with the previous Edge kit, and it using the same fans, you can see the old mark of 47dB with only 5V going through the fans. Today I ran them at 7.5V which is more along the lines of what the PWM control will bottom out a standard coolers fan. Here the HD kits, registering in at 50dB for the 220 HD and 51dB for the 320 HD, both a shade more silent than my original kits reading of 54dB.
Once 12V gets delivered to the fans, more realistically 11.83V through the fan controller I was using, I retested the original H2O-320 and again got a 72dB reading as you see it on the chart. The newer kits, while using the same fans have improved flow through the radiator to allow a slight drop in the readings I got with both of the HD kits. While not terrific results, it is still a step forward from the original and a welcomed drop in noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Swiftech H2O-220 Edge HD Unboxing]
- Page 5 [The Apogee HD CPU Water Block]
- Page 6 [The Apogee HD CPU Water Block Continued]
- Page 7 [MCR220 Drive, MCP35X, and RDM1225S Fans]
- Page 8 [What Sets the H2O-320 Edge HD kit Apart]
- Page 9 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 10 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Interview with Boba Fett from ANHSE, an animation mastermind
- Michael Fassbender compares Assassin's Creed movie with The Matrix
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance