Inside the Cooler Master Cosmos II
Once you release the door latch these plastic lined aluminum doors swing out as do car doors. The hinge it rides on is very sturdy and stays in place once opened or closed to that position to make removing and reinstalling the door panels a breeze to accomplish.
These hinges are universal so that they work with both sides, but you can see there are four pins that slide into grooves in the hinge. Simply lifting the door allows it to slide out of the grove and you can now set this door aside.
With the dual layered door out of the way we can now see clearly into the Cosmos II. The hardware box is strapped to the hard drive cages, while a huge bundle of wiring is neatly tied behind it.
The 5.25" bays are used by the trio of slots for the optical drives with the easy to use, click in, click out, tool-free clips. The bottom two bays here house the X-drive racks with the locks we seen from the front.
Just below those, you run into the first hard drive rack supporting up to five drives, and are cooled with the 200mm fan with blue LEDs strapped in front of them. At this point the running total of hard drive bays, we are at seven.
Below that rack of hard drives you run into a plastic shroud that houses a pair of 120mm fans. This cover will release from the right side and swing open for access behind it.
Behind the fans are two removable hard drive racks that can house three more drives each. So now the final total is thirteen hard drive spots in the Cosmos II! If you chose to remove these, CM sends a pair of radiator supports to be added here for water cooling.
In the roof of the case Cm ships this 120mm fan all by itself. You can also see there is quite a bit of room above the motherboard tray if you want to put a triple 120mm radiator here if you wanted.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017