Inside the Cooler Master Cosmos II
Once you release the door latch these plastic lined aluminum doors swing out as do car doors. The hinge it rides on is very sturdy and stays in place once opened or closed to that position to make removing and reinstalling the door panels a breeze to accomplish.
These hinges are universal so that they work with both sides, but you can see there are four pins that slide into grooves in the hinge. Simply lifting the door allows it to slide out of the grove and you can now set this door aside.
With the dual layered door out of the way we can now see clearly into the Cosmos II. The hardware box is strapped to the hard drive cages, while a huge bundle of wiring is neatly tied behind it.
The 5.25" bays are used by the trio of slots for the optical drives with the easy to use, click in, click out, tool-free clips. The bottom two bays here house the X-drive racks with the locks we seen from the front.
Just below those, you run into the first hard drive rack supporting up to five drives, and are cooled with the 200mm fan with blue LEDs strapped in front of them. At this point the running total of hard drive bays, we are at seven.
Below that rack of hard drives you run into a plastic shroud that houses a pair of 120mm fans. This cover will release from the right side and swing open for access behind it.
Behind the fans are two removable hard drive racks that can house three more drives each. So now the final total is thirteen hard drive spots in the Cosmos II! If you chose to remove these, CM sends a pair of radiator supports to be added here for water cooling.
In the roof of the case Cm ships this 120mm fan all by itself. You can also see there is quite a bit of room above the motherboard tray if you want to put a triple 120mm radiator here if you wanted.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand