Cooler Master definitely took off the kid gloves with the new Cosmos design and is out to play with the big boys with this chassis. While it reminds me of everything I liked about the 800D, some of the options I like in my TJ11, and being rounded like my 600T, the Cosmos II is a case that is very distinguishable when sit it next to any of those I mentioned. This larger than life Cosmos II left me wanting nothing and delivers more than what I need or could imagine using. I am a sucker for huge cases that look sleek and elegant outside and can deliver a build inside that no one person should be ashamed to show off. Show it off and be proud with a build in the Cosmos II, as there is no other case on the market like it.
Cooler Master stays true to the original enough for this chassis to be easily recognized, if only for a few seconds, mistaken for the Cosmos S to the quick viewer, but then it will kick in that this is something completely different. Gone are the old wire management headaches of the original, and the airflow and compartmentalization of the interior keeps everything separated and in its own zone. The hot swap hard drives are a nice addition and being covered with that trick sliding panel is really nice to see. The heaviness of the chassis is overlooked once the build is completed, the chassis being moved into position, and then enjoying the silence of the dual layer construction of the Cosmos II. Even with the fans on high speed, cooling the components inside very well I might add, there was just the slightest "whir" of air to be heard emanating from inside this chassis!
This feature rich Ultra Tower chassis delivers in every area. If you have a server system and a ton of hard drives, this is the case for you. If you have a gaming rig similar to mine, again, this case is for you. Even if you have a Micro-ATX with ambitions to build a rockin' system in the near future, this case is for you! Do you see the trend I'm trying to lead to here? Cooler Master's gloves off approach to building the new "must have" case of 2012 has won me over. I know the breakage is bad, but I have dealt with Cooler Master before and I'm sure I can get a replacement piece, so I can overlook this on my chassis, as I really wanted to push forward so I could bring this to you as soon as possible and not wait on a part from China to arrive before doing so.
I hope the guy over at the other site didn't have worse luck than I did. I am spoiled when it comes to the pricing of cases, but even so, when I check around at cases of this price range I think this is much better solution than the PC-P80N or the Level 10 GT. With the MSRP set at $349.99 from Cooler Master, start saving those pennies; soon you will have access to buy one of these of your very own! We all know you want to!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club