Well, I must say that I was impressed by the level of performance that was displayed today. And when you consider that the Cooler Master line generally costs far less than some of the other available options, it makes the picture look even sweeter. Though unavailable yet due to the newness of the SE version, the original was being sold for about US$12-15, so expect a similarly priced new edition. A little higher is expected since it is all copper, but it won't be nearly the level of your standard high-end cooling solution.
But even though it performed admirably, it is still plagued by that flimsy clipping mechanism. While this may not be a problem for some folks, it can certainly lead me to the edge since I am always playing around with something inside the case. This often leads to the removal and reinstallation of the processor, so the sink needs to come off. It should be such a simple thing to get squared away, so lets hope it gets fixed soon.
Bottom line... If you happen to be in the market for a quality HSF but don't have a lot of cash at your disposal, then take a long, hard look at the Cooler Master X-Dream SE. It has nearly everything you could possibly want in a heatsink and performs as well as coolers that sell for twice the money. Excellent job Cooler Master!
All copper design
Skiving Fin Technology
Adjustable fan speeds
Choice of fan speed adjustment locations
Flimsy clipping mechanism
Still a bit noisy at high speed
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Hugo Barra is leaving Xiaomi next month
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South