Well, I must say that I was impressed by the level of performance that was displayed today. And when you consider that the Cooler Master line generally costs far less than some of the other available options, it makes the picture look even sweeter. Though unavailable yet due to the newness of the SE version, the original was being sold for about US$12-15, so expect a similarly priced new edition. A little higher is expected since it is all copper, but it won't be nearly the level of your standard high-end cooling solution.
But even though it performed admirably, it is still plagued by that flimsy clipping mechanism. While this may not be a problem for some folks, it can certainly lead me to the edge since I am always playing around with something inside the case. This often leads to the removal and reinstallation of the processor, so the sink needs to come off. It should be such a simple thing to get squared away, so lets hope it gets fixed soon.
Bottom line... If you happen to be in the market for a quality HSF but don't have a lot of cash at your disposal, then take a long, hard look at the Cooler Master X-Dream SE. It has nearly everything you could possibly want in a heatsink and performs as well as coolers that sell for twice the money. Excellent job Cooler Master!
All copper design
Skiving Fin Technology
Adjustable fan speeds
Choice of fan speed adjustment locations
Flimsy clipping mechanism
Still a bit noisy at high speed
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now