As usual, we won't go into much detail when it comes to the testbed side of things as everything we need to cover is mentioned above already. As for the boards we'll be including today, they'll all be mentioned in our graphs from the next page onwards. Instead let's just get stuck into the overclocking side of things to see what's going on with the GIGABYTE X79-UD5 today.
We're finding that some boards prefer to go with the lower multiplier and higher BCLK option, while others prefer the lower BCLK and higher multiplier option. The latter setup probably makes for an easier overclock and that's obvious today as we head into the BIOS, adjust our voltages to what they need to be and then proceed to find that perfect multiplier.
We started at 43x which brings us in at 4.3GHz and then proceeded to move 1x at a time, run HyperPi and then if it passed, head back to the BIOS to bump it again. Ultimately we ended up with a 47x multiplier which resulted in a nice 4.7GHz overclock out of our processor.
It has to be said that the CPU we're using today is different to the one we've used on our 11 other boards....because that other board we looked at from that other company took our 3960X out. Still, this overclock lines up to a similar place with the G1.Assassin2 we looked at, so it's quite fair to compare them.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Google Glass updated with additional features
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller