As usual, we won't go into much detail when it comes to the testbed side of things as everything we need to cover is mentioned above already. As for the boards we'll be including today, they'll all be mentioned in our graphs from the next page onwards. Instead let's just get stuck into the overclocking side of things to see what's going on with the GIGABYTE X79-UD5 today.
We're finding that some boards prefer to go with the lower multiplier and higher BCLK option, while others prefer the lower BCLK and higher multiplier option. The latter setup probably makes for an easier overclock and that's obvious today as we head into the BIOS, adjust our voltages to what they need to be and then proceed to find that perfect multiplier.
We started at 43x which brings us in at 4.3GHz and then proceeded to move 1x at a time, run HyperPi and then if it passed, head back to the BIOS to bump it again. Ultimately we ended up with a 47x multiplier which resulted in a nice 4.7GHz overclock out of our processor.
It has to be said that the CPU we're using today is different to the one we've used on our 11 other boards....because that other board we looked at from that other company took our 3960X out. Still, this overclock lines up to a similar place with the G1.Assassin2 we looked at, so it's quite fair to compare them.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives