As usual, we won't go into much detail when it comes to the testbed side of things as everything we need to cover is mentioned above already. As for the boards we'll be including today, they'll all be mentioned in our graphs from the next page onwards. Instead let's just get stuck into the overclocking side of things to see what's going on with the GIGABYTE X79-UD5 today.
We're finding that some boards prefer to go with the lower multiplier and higher BCLK option, while others prefer the lower BCLK and higher multiplier option. The latter setup probably makes for an easier overclock and that's obvious today as we head into the BIOS, adjust our voltages to what they need to be and then proceed to find that perfect multiplier.
We started at 43x which brings us in at 4.3GHz and then proceeded to move 1x at a time, run HyperPi and then if it passed, head back to the BIOS to bump it again. Ultimately we ended up with a 47x multiplier which resulted in a nice 4.7GHz overclock out of our processor.
It has to be said that the CPU we're using today is different to the one we've used on our 11 other boards....because that other board we looked at from that other company took our 3960X out. Still, this overclock lines up to a similar place with the G1.Assassin2 we looked at, so it's quite fair to compare them.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Creative teams with Twitch on level up race in WoW
- Nintendo NX prototype was a tablet and docking station
- CD Projekt RED now worth over $1 billion
- Choose a side in our 'Captain America' Blu-ray giveaway
- UK retailer offers HTC Vive headset on monthly payments
- I Need A Fan Controller
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop