The first thing you notice about the board is that matte black PCB which looks fantastic. It's one of the best looking PCBs on the market at the moment and if you've got a window in your case, you know the importance of good looking hardware. Along with that we've also got the trademark blue highlights that we see in the UD5 board. You ultimately just end up with a hot looking board. Let's move in a bit closer to see what's going on with the expansion side of things, though.
Moving in closer, we get a good idea with what's going on in the expansion side of things. At the very bottom we've got an older legacy PCI slot along with two PCIe x1 slots and three PCI x16 slots which support 3-Way SLI and CrossFireX.
Of course, if you're using only two cards they will both run at x16 / x16. If you opt to throw a third card into the mix, that moves to a x16 / x8 / x16 setup.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we've got all the typical connectors with our front audio, 1394 Firewire, three USB 2.0 headers, our main front panel header and a small reset switch on the far right.
Turning the corner, we've got a total of 10 SATA ports present on the board. On the right hand side we've got six controlled via the Intel X79 chipset. The four black ones are of course SATA II while the two white ones are SATA III. On the left side we've got four more SATA ports in the form of SATA III ones. These run off the Marvell 88SE9172 controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni