To tell you the truth, I really like the touch panel controls and the way the two halves work together. Having control of fan speeds, whether they are on or off, or if the LEDs are on or off all at the lightest touch of your finger is really cool. I know there are those who want a fan controller for more finite control of the noise levels, but this design can't just be overlooked that easy. I know I have another of the Touch cases waiting to have a look at as well, and this implementation just makes me sit and wonder what if. With the Touch 320, it seems we may be just breaking into a new concept of user control that will definitely be looked at by other manufacturers, but has a ton of possibilities that could be later added to this design giving us even more control at the touch of a finger.
The build went really smooth considering I am using a board larger than what is said to fit in the chassis. I do have to give the Touch 320 its dues for this as it took the larger board, a pair of graphics cards, managed all the wiring neat and cleanly, and had room for plenty more inside of this well ventilated mid tower chassis. Ventilation is something that was definitely addressed in this case. The six included, pre-installed and pre-wired 120mm fans all have blue LEDS to brighten up any room. In low speed the noise emitting from the chassis is tolerable, but again, once the high mode is switched on, the noise really increases. To put it into perspective, fully load a Fermi GPU on a stock cooler and put your ear next to the leaf blower. Now that noise is what I was hearing at about three to four foot away from the chassis. You need a good set of head phones to game with this chassis on your desktop! On the plus side of all of that noise, there is a huge amount of airflow flushing through the chassis in high mode.
Considering everything included, we did the math earlier and I was at $100 before we even added the touch features and the novelty charge associated with something new or revolutionary. Revolutionary may be a strong word, but I would love full touch control on a case; less buttons and knobs means less room for dust to build up, and less cleaning. If you want the XClio Touch 320, it isn't widely available as I looked for it earlier. On the lighter side of that news, it is sitting in warehouses of Newegg.com for $69.99 and there is free shipping currently. I know the case lacks USB 3.0, but is still very feature rich and offers very cool control with its touch controls for this price range. I really like what XClio has started with the Touch 320 and I can't wait to see how this all evolves in the future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XClio Touch 320 Mid Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the XClio Touch 320 Mid Tower Chassis]
- Page 6 [Inside the XClio Touch 320 Mid Tower Chassis - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand