The Motherboard Continued
As we start to move to the top half of the board, there's nothing too different going on up this end of the board with our main 24 Pin ATX power connector present and above that you can see four DDR3 DIMM slots.
The other main piece that stands out here sits just to the right with the two USB 3.0 headers present. Normally we see most companies only offer one, instead ASRock has offered us two here which is handy as if your case has USB 3.0 and you want to make use of the included USB 3.0 header, you don't have to decide which one to use.
Looking across the top of the board, we can see that ASRock has opted to include two 8-Pin CPU connectors. This is going to be handy for people who are interested in really getting into the overclocking side of things.
Moving out, we can see our eight DIMM slots that are present which support up to 64GB of 2400MHz DDR RAM via overclocking. We can also see how clean the CPU area is and we also get a really good look at the heatsink setup that's going on which looks fantastic.
Finally, we finish up with the I/O side of things and it's actually pretty bare thanks to the inclusion of the Game Blaster card. In the end we only have a single PS/2 connector, six USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit LAN, Firewire, two eSATA and a clear CMOS button. You end up with a really clean setup with the audio connectors gone.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni