As you can tell from the cable summary, the ProSeries 1250W unit is fully modular. XFX includes a very comprehensive list of cables and connectors to cover you in just about any situation that you could come across. The only real complaint is that all four of the PCI-E cables are of the same length and this was the same complaint that we had with the 1000W model. XFX was smart enough to take care of this with the SATA and Molex cables as they have several different lengths, but not with the PCI-E cables. A few inches of variance in them would have been nice.
XFX keeps the rail distribution sweet and simple with a single 12V rail. This is the "EasyRail Technology" that they bombard you with on the front. It is just a marketing ploy to make you think it is something new when in reality it is something that we have been enjoying in high end power supplies for quite some time.
A Look Inside
Once we open up the case, we find that it is built just like the 1000W model with the fan being mounted to a plate separate of the bottom of the power supply like we are accustomed to seeing. Once we pull the fan from the unit, we find that the unit looks like it is identical to the ProSeries 1000W.
The same trio of capacitors adorns the primary side of the 1250W ProSeries power supply.
Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors were present on the secondary side as well.
Cooling the 1000W ProSeries power supply is the Protechnic Magic MGA13512YF-O25 135mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Social media ad spending will hit $50 billion by 2019
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset