The Motherboard Continued
Moving towards the top of the board, we've got the usual culprits present here with three fan connectors, our main 24pin ATX power connector along with a USB 3.0 header sitting towards the left.
Along with all that, we've also got another SATA III port here that runs off the same ASMedia ASM1042 chip. This is actually a bit of a weird location as normally we see all our SATA ports quite bunched together. This works out a bit better, though, if you've got a front panel SATA port.
Moving around to the CPU area, you can see we've got our 8-Pin CPU power connector in the back corner. We've got a pretty sharp looking heatsink here and either side of that we've got two DDR3 DIMM slots for a total of four supporting up to 32GB of RAM with speeds of up to 2400MHz DDR via overclocking.
Finally, before we move onto the BIOS we quickly check out the I/O side of things which sees two PS/2 ports on the left, Clear CMOS button, Optical and S/PDIF ports, two USB 3.0 ports running off the running off the ASMedia ASM1042 controller, six USB 2.0 ports, Gigabit networking via the Broadcom BCM57781, Firewire, eSATA III and six auxiliary connectors running off the Realtek ALC898 Codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARK cross-platform play on PS4 and PC BLOCKED by Sony
- Microsoft builds its own AI hardware: Project Brainwave
- HP Omen X gaming notebook: GTX 1080, 120Hz LCD, more
- Final Fantasy XV doesn't need 170GB HDD space on PC
- Bungie couldn't get Destiny 2 to hit 60FPS on consoles
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience