The NZXT HAVIK 120 CPU Cooler
Looking straight into the HAVIK 120, you find a stack of forty-six aluminum fins that get pressed over the four copper heat pipes that draw the heat from the copper base, all of which gets a nickel plating.
Down the side of the fins you can see that the ends of the fins are bent in pairs so that the tips touch. This makes for a half open and half closed design for the airflow as it escapes out of the sides of most open side designs similar this, NZXT addresses some of that escaped flow.
The top of the HAVIK 120 has NZXT pressed into this fin and all others below it with the four pipe ends protruding on both sides of this tower. The fins are actually shaped like knife edges to allow smother flow into the body, but the ridges will disturb flow to take better advantage of said airflow.
The notches cut on the sides of the fins allow you to easily strap on the fans. Stretching the rubber straps, sliding it between the top two and bottom two fins, rests and locks onto the cooler in these angled grooves.
The top of the base is mostly flat but has these four tabs protruding from it. These will keep the cross bar in the hardware kit in place when attempting to mount the cooler.
Flipping the cooler over I noticed that all of the fins except the top one have these triangles cut out. This must aid in disturbing the air flow stimulating better transfer of heat from the fins. You can also see the inner pair of pipes is bent very tight, and this necessitates the need to increase the holes in the bottom two fins to allow them to fit properly.
The base is flat from all angles, but as you can see, polishing the base wasn't a major concern for NZXT. Personally i don't care if there are fine marks or it's polished, as long as it works!
Skipping ahead a little i grabbed that cross bar and set it in the base so you can see how the tabs on the base centre the bar right to left, while the tabs on the bar centre it front to back.
Adding the fans is pretty simple to do. Just stretch the tabs into the pair of fans, and then strap the fans to the cooler. The 120mm fan choice fits this tower well as it covers quite a bit of the fins surface area.
From the side it may look deceptively large, but this cooler is only 4.5" in width with both fans installed. NZXT was right; they definitely made a smaller, more versatile cooler to the HAVIK line with this entry.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT HAVIK 120 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System & Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'
- F1 2015: 'RACING AS CHAMPIONS' AHEAD OF THE 2015 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
- Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems - Nov. 26, 2015