In the testbed department there's not a lot that has to be said as everything is fairly well covered in the image above. Because of that, we'll get stuck into what's going on with the overclocking side of things.
While the DX79SI BIOS isn't my favorite BIOS by any means, we still get a strong option of overclocking. With the heatsink design being a little more tame, though, compared to some other companies we didn't want to go crazy with the voltages.
Setting the 1.25 Host Clock Multiplier that pushes our BCLK to 125, we found instantly the board wouldn't boot. Getting back to default and into the BIOS, we ended up just using the multiplier to find our overclock.
We ended up and running in Windows at 4.5GHz which is a nice little overclock, but by no means the best we've seen to date. This was done by leaving the BCLK at 100 and just pushing the CPU multiplier up to 45x. Moving to the next level, we found ourselves staring down the barrel of some instability and 45x really seemed to be the sweet spot for the motherboard.
While not a huge overclock, it should yield a nice boost in performance over the stock clocks which is exactly what we'll find out today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Gear VR is used by over 1 million users per month
- Metal Gear Solid games have sold over 49 million copies worldwide
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Samsung's Q2 2016 profits are the largest in over two years
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Boot from PCIe SSD GA-X58A-UD3R?
- Gigabyte U1N !!GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS posted to Gigabyte site
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio