In the testbed department there's not a lot that has to be said as everything is fairly well covered in the image above. Because of that, we'll get stuck into what's going on with the overclocking side of things.
While the DX79SI BIOS isn't my favorite BIOS by any means, we still get a strong option of overclocking. With the heatsink design being a little more tame, though, compared to some other companies we didn't want to go crazy with the voltages.
Setting the 1.25 Host Clock Multiplier that pushes our BCLK to 125, we found instantly the board wouldn't boot. Getting back to default and into the BIOS, we ended up just using the multiplier to find our overclock.
We ended up and running in Windows at 4.5GHz which is a nice little overclock, but by no means the best we've seen to date. This was done by leaving the BCLK at 100 and just pushing the CPU multiplier up to 45x. Moving to the next level, we found ourselves staring down the barrel of some instability and 45x really seemed to be the sweet spot for the motherboard.
While not a huge overclock, it should yield a nice boost in performance over the stock clocks which is exactly what we'll find out today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hottest new PC games discounted in digital pre-order sale
- Battlefield 1 Closed Alpha invites rolling out
- Fallout 4 mod support on PS4 delayed indefinitely
- Here's some serious 1-1 training to elevate your tech skills
- Nintendo NX manufacturing preparations are underway
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities