Moving into the BIOS, I instantly find myself really unimpressed with what's on offer from Intel. If you go through the BIOS most of the options are there and looking at the "Performance" section, I love that the "Default" settings are for certain areas. It makes overclocking a little less stressful sometimes as you know what the starting point is instead of just the "Auto" option.
Memory options are also pretty good and setting the speed up or loading the XMP profiles is pretty easy.
The issue with the DX79SI BIOS is that we've become so spoilt with the look of this area in the past year. We've seen ASUS and ASRock offer really nice versions of the UEFI BIOS and we've seen GIGABYTE join the party in a big way offering us a really great looking BIOS that they've dubbed as the "3D BIOS".
Outside of the brightness these BIOS designs bring to us, the overclocking options are also much more substantial. The DX79SI BIOS isn't bad by any means; it's probably more it's just not up to the standard that we've become used to over the past 12 months.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD