Noise Level Results
While these results show the EPIC 180 in the middle of the pack, there have been a literal ton of new "silent" coolers that have hit the market. The 44 dB rating we got at idle is expected considering radiators do add to the overall noise of the fans attached to them. While I could hear the unit if I was within a couple of feet of it on the open air system, it wasn't the loudest fans that I have running in my office.
Once I gave the EPIC 180 twelve volts to the fan, noise levels did pick up a bit to the 60 dB level. One thing going for this unit is that it gets built into an internal section of the chassis, so these sound levels will be more muffled once in the RV01 chassis and the door is shut. The way it draws in from the bottom and blows into the hard drive bay area, you don't even get the exhaust noise associated with other AIO coolers coming directly out of the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Maingear EPIC 180 Liquid CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [The Maingear EPIC 180 Liquid CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Fit]
- Page 7 [Test System & Testing Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club