Noise Level Results
While these results show the EPIC 180 in the middle of the pack, there have been a literal ton of new "silent" coolers that have hit the market. The 44 dB rating we got at idle is expected considering radiators do add to the overall noise of the fans attached to them. While I could hear the unit if I was within a couple of feet of it on the open air system, it wasn't the loudest fans that I have running in my office.
Once I gave the EPIC 180 twelve volts to the fan, noise levels did pick up a bit to the 60 dB level. One thing going for this unit is that it gets built into an internal section of the chassis, so these sound levels will be more muffled once in the RV01 chassis and the door is shut. The way it draws in from the bottom and blows into the hard drive bay area, you don't even get the exhaust noise associated with other AIO coolers coming directly out of the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Maingear EPIC 180 Liquid CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [The Maingear EPIC 180 Liquid CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Fit]
- Page 7 [Test System & Testing Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset