Before we get into the overclocking side of things, you can see our main testbed information above. There's nothing that you wouldn't have seen before; before we move onto the overclocking, though, we'll just quickly cover the boards and CPUs that will be in our graphs today.
Of course, the Sabertooth X79 will be included at both stock and overclock. Along with that we've also got the MSI X79A-GD65 and ASUS P9X79 Deluxe for X79 boards. The ASUS Maximums IV Extreme-Z is packing our 2600k and finally we've got our ASRock Fata1ty 990FX Professional motherboard with our AMD FX-8150.
So with that said, let's get into the overclocking side of things and see what exactly what we're doing here today. The first thing we did was jump into the BIOS and mess around with our voltages a bit and then set our BCLK Strap to 125 which pushes our BCLK to 125.
Once we're up and running with that, we head back into the BIOS and start to tweak our multiplier a little bit to see where we can end up at in Windows. Looking below, you can see exactly what we ended up running at.
With our Multiplier ending up at 39x and our BCLK at 125, you can see our final clock came in at 4875MHz or 4.87GHz as shown in our graphs here today. This is a really strong overclock and should yield with it some strong performance.
Well, that covers just about everything, so let's get into the performance side of things to see just how the Sabertooth X79 performs today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup & Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Google Glass updated with additional features
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds pulls in $100 million
- SpaceX successfully launches and lands a used rocket
- LG V30 rumored to support wireless charging
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller