Moving into the BIOS, we're as usual greeted by the EZ Mode version of the BIOS. You've got a few options here, but nothing too fancy. If you want to start to really do something, you'll want to get into the Advanced area of the BIOS.
Looking at the Advanced area, you won't be out of your element if you've used any non ROG ASUS board. We've got that typical blue design present here which surprises me a little. I thought with the Sabertooth series we might see ASUS mix up the color scheme a little like they do for the ROG boards which offer us that red theme.
If you're going to do any overclocking, you'll be in the Ai Tweaker section of the board which offers us all our typical options when it comes to adjusting the speed of our processor, RAM along with voltages for the associated parts. In typical ASUS fashion the options are pretty strong and should hopefully yield us a decent overclock today.
Moving through the rest of the BIOS, we've got the normal options we're used to seeing and everything is fairly self-explanatory in the above pictures, so let's move onto our testbed and the overclocking side of things.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup & Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2 post-launch DLC will be 100% free
- Apple's new MacBook Pro powered by AMD Polaris GPU
- NASA publishes a stunning 4K video of the Space Station
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications