Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Touching on some of the finer points mentioned in the specifications list, as I'm sure you can read all the finer details and comprehend them fine on your own. This brings me first off to the PH-F140 Premium fans, two of which are included with the kit. These fans are not only 140mm, they use a UFB bearing with a vortex booster design all incorporated, but the life expectancy is three times that of most retail fans sold! This cooler will fit anything AMD since socket AM2, but requires the use of the stock AMD back plate to mount the PH-TC14PE. As for Intel, this cooler fits anything LGA775 and newer with the included hardware in the box. The last thing I want to cover is the sheer weight of this behemoth! - If you run it passively it will weigh in at 970 grams. With one fan the weight jumps to 1100 grams, and once the second fan is clipped into place you raise the bar to 1250 grams of cooler hanging off the motherboard.
Moving past the technical specifications and into a bit of patented technology, I want to discuss the P.A.T.S. and C.P.S.C. tech that also goes into the PH-TC14PE. The Physical Antioxidant Thermal Shield (P.A.T.S.) is introduced which is claimed to offer a barrier to external heat sources. In other words, it is employed to deflect heat from the GPU, chipset heat sinks and even the power delivery systems' heat will not affect the coolers efficiency. The second system is the Cold Plasma Spray Coating (C.P.S.C.) technology. This not only gives the PH-TC14PE its range of colors, but Phanteks says it benefits the thermal conductivity of the cooler, raising the overall efficiency of this cooler. It looks like there really is no stone unturned with the design and implementation of technology into the PH-TC14PE from Phanteks.
Availability in the US is limited; in fact, they just showed their face on Newegg.com. As I mentioned, there are four versions of this cooler. The "vanilla" or white version is the cheapest of the four. The white one demands $89.99 at Newegg.com, while the blue, red, or orange versions demand $99.99. As one would expect with the premium quality and features implemented along with the five year warranty, the product wasn't going to come cheap! At this point at so close to $100 US dollars, Phanteks had better pack some amazing results in with the PH-TC14PE to justify this pricing. Hang tight, after some images of the packaging through the hardware, I will get right to the testing results so you can see for yourself if in fact the near $100 investment is worthy of your hard earned dollars.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege patch 2.0 breaks the game, fixes little
- Bethesda forced someone to destroy vinyl records to get their refund
- Explore ancient virus' with the Internet Archives malware museum
- SEGA is listening to the Dreamcast 2 pitch, seems receptive
- Assassin's Creed Identity is a bite sized parkour playland
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform