The GTX 570 has never been a card that's really stood out; it's offered some good performance, but for the most part if you were looking at GTX 570 money, you could spend a bit more and go down the GTX 580 path or the HD 6970 was a really good option thanks to the more aggressive pricing it offered.
The GTX 560 Ti on the other hand has been an absolute gem of a card. The problem with the model, though, is companies attacked the design of it from launch and nearly 12 months on, there's not much companies can do to it and the model sits a bit stagnate now when it comes to getting exposure.
In steps the GTX 560 Ti 448, and here we see the power of the marketing team at NVIDIA. You've got a card that sits so close to the GTX 570; why not bring it in under the GTX 570 name to some degree? You'd think it's because the GTX 570 doesn't have this stand out name for value and performance like the GTX 560 Ti does. Instead of people also looking at it like a crippled GTX 570, we look at it as this supped up GTX 560 Ti.
With limited samples coming from companies and the model being released to only a limited amount of regions, the GTX 560 Ti 448 is clearly designed to bolster the holiday sales for NVIDIA in their biggest markets.
The MSI version of the card as you'd expect is fantastic. The Twin Frozr III cooler is a great one and coming under the "Power Edition" line means we've got more options when it comes to overclocking; something we'll be looking at very shortly.
If you find yourself needing a new video card for your holiday gaming, the GTX 560 Ti 448 is probably going to be at the forefront of your decision. The pricing should come in at a great point, the fact that it's a brand new model is going to get people more excited than older established ones and we should see the limited run of card come out in some really nice versions from companies.
The GTX 560 Ti 448 shows us the power of the NVIDIA marketing machine. There's no reason this card won't be at the top of peoples to buy list. The only reason you won't buy this is if you're happy to spend GTX 580 money. Apart from that you'll probably find yourself stealing a little bit more money from the Christmas present budget to buy this over a standard GTX 560 Ti.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications