The GTX 570 has never been a card that's really stood out; it's offered some good performance, but for the most part if you were looking at GTX 570 money, you could spend a bit more and go down the GTX 580 path or the HD 6970 was a really good option thanks to the more aggressive pricing it offered.
The GTX 560 Ti on the other hand has been an absolute gem of a card. The problem with the model, though, is companies attacked the design of it from launch and nearly 12 months on, there's not much companies can do to it and the model sits a bit stagnate now when it comes to getting exposure.
In steps the GTX 560 Ti 448, and here we see the power of the marketing team at NVIDIA. You've got a card that sits so close to the GTX 570; why not bring it in under the GTX 570 name to some degree? You'd think it's because the GTX 570 doesn't have this stand out name for value and performance like the GTX 560 Ti does. Instead of people also looking at it like a crippled GTX 570, we look at it as this supped up GTX 560 Ti.
With limited samples coming from companies and the model being released to only a limited amount of regions, the GTX 560 Ti 448 is clearly designed to bolster the holiday sales for NVIDIA in their biggest markets.
The MSI version of the card as you'd expect is fantastic. The Twin Frozr III cooler is a great one and coming under the "Power Edition" line means we've got more options when it comes to overclocking; something we'll be looking at very shortly.
If you find yourself needing a new video card for your holiday gaming, the GTX 560 Ti 448 is probably going to be at the forefront of your decision. The pricing should come in at a great point, the fact that it's a brand new model is going to get people more excited than older established ones and we should see the limited run of card come out in some really nice versions from companies.
The GTX 560 Ti 448 shows us the power of the NVIDIA marketing machine. There's no reason this card won't be at the top of peoples to buy list. The only reason you won't buy this is if you're happy to spend GTX 580 money. Apart from that you'll probably find yourself stealing a little bit more money from the Christmas present budget to buy this over a standard GTX 560 Ti.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now