Specifications, Availability and Pricing
We've already talked about some of the base features, but the N8900 has many more to cover. The foundation starts out with the Intel Core i3-2120 processor which is fed by 8GB of DDR3 RAM. This is a solid foundation in which to build a next generation NAS server and that is exactly what Thecus has done.
Before we get to the expansion capabilities, we have a long list of next gen features that are standard on the N8900 to cover. New to Thecus systems is the inclusion of HDMI and audio capabilities. These allow software developers to create new features for the NAS. Dual USB 3.0 ports are also new to this class of NAS server, but you still get six USB 2.0 ports - two in the front and four on the back.
Gigabit Ethernet is included in the form of three separate ports that gives users a wide range of options for connectivity. 10GbE is rapidly coming down in cost and is starting to emerge in other areas outside of just the data center.
Thecus has also chosen an enterprise class HBA controller to handle disk drives. The new LSI 6G card supports SATA and SAS drives running at 6Gbps. The card connects to the NAS via an 8x PCIe 2.0 port.
There are two additional 8x PCIe 2.0 ports for adding 10GbE cards or other devices. Another 4-lane PCIe port is available for future use as well.
While looking around online, we managed to find several e-tailers with N8900s listed for less than 3000 Dollars. The best deal was from CompSource.com, 2,746 USD with free shipping and stock available.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications