Specifications, Availability and Pricing
We've already talked about some of the base features, but the N8900 has many more to cover. The foundation starts out with the Intel Core i3-2120 processor which is fed by 8GB of DDR3 RAM. This is a solid foundation in which to build a next generation NAS server and that is exactly what Thecus has done.
Before we get to the expansion capabilities, we have a long list of next gen features that are standard on the N8900 to cover. New to Thecus systems is the inclusion of HDMI and audio capabilities. These allow software developers to create new features for the NAS. Dual USB 3.0 ports are also new to this class of NAS server, but you still get six USB 2.0 ports - two in the front and four on the back.
Gigabit Ethernet is included in the form of three separate ports that gives users a wide range of options for connectivity. 10GbE is rapidly coming down in cost and is starting to emerge in other areas outside of just the data center.
Thecus has also chosen an enterprise class HBA controller to handle disk drives. The new LSI 6G card supports SATA and SAS drives running at 6Gbps. The card connects to the NAS via an 8x PCIe 2.0 port.
There are two additional 8x PCIe 2.0 ports for adding 10GbE cards or other devices. Another 4-lane PCIe port is available for future use as well.
While looking around online, we managed to find several e-tailers with N8900s listed for less than 3000 Dollars. The best deal was from CompSource.com, 2,746 USD with free shipping and stock available.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Class-action suit filed against Apple over iPhone error 53
- Apple rumored to partner with Dr. Dre for TV drama
- Google will soon retire Picasa photo service
- Apple rumored to release iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 18
- AMD's new recruit teases the Radeon R9 Fury X2 dual-GPU card
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives