Specifications, Availability and Pricing
We've already talked about some of the base features, but the N8900 has many more to cover. The foundation starts out with the Intel Core i3-2120 processor which is fed by 8GB of DDR3 RAM. This is a solid foundation in which to build a next generation NAS server and that is exactly what Thecus has done.
Before we get to the expansion capabilities, we have a long list of next gen features that are standard on the N8900 to cover. New to Thecus systems is the inclusion of HDMI and audio capabilities. These allow software developers to create new features for the NAS. Dual USB 3.0 ports are also new to this class of NAS server, but you still get six USB 2.0 ports - two in the front and four on the back.
Gigabit Ethernet is included in the form of three separate ports that gives users a wide range of options for connectivity. 10GbE is rapidly coming down in cost and is starting to emerge in other areas outside of just the data center.
Thecus has also chosen an enterprise class HBA controller to handle disk drives. The new LSI 6G card supports SATA and SAS drives running at 6Gbps. The card connects to the NAS via an 8x PCIe 2.0 port.
There are two additional 8x PCIe 2.0 ports for adding 10GbE cards or other devices. Another 4-lane PCIe port is available for future use as well.
While looking around online, we managed to find several e-tailers with N8900s listed for less than 3000 Dollars. The best deal was from CompSource.com, 2,746 USD with free shipping and stock available.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- PlayStation Experience 2016: watch here live
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset