The BitFenix Merc Alpha Mid Tower Case
The front of the Merc series is the same no matter which you get. The front is made of textured plastic that is taller in the middle than it is at the right and left for a curved finished profile. At the top are three removable covers for the optical drives with a single cover for a 3.5" drive to poke through, too. At the bottom is the odd shaped venting with mesh inserted to allow any way for the front of the chassis to breathe.
The I/O panel offers four USB 2.0 connections next to the pair of activity LEDs and the 3.5mm audio jacks. That leaves the larger power button and the smaller reset button at the right to finish it off.
Only in the Merc Alpha do you get a top like this. It has two areas with round holed mesh that will accept a 120mm fan in each location.
The left side also offers ventilation for the expansion cards and CPU cooler while it also offers a little view into the chassis. At BitFenix.com, it is listed that two fans can be placed here, but there aren't any specific mounting holes. While it says 120mm fans, you can devise a way to stick almost any fan here.
The back of the case offers the rear I/O next the exhaust fan with a pair of water cooling holes just below the fan. There are seven expansion slots, but only two of the covers can be replaced once removed from the chassis, and covered with a sort of anti-theft system.
The right side panel is held to the chassis with hex head screws where the left uses thumbscrews, and this side is flat and offers nothing of interest really. The doors do open out to the side which is handy, and offers an easy way to close the panel over the wiring that will go in here.
Looking under the Merc you see large rubber feet on all four corners and areas for both the PSU and an optional 120mm fan to get fresh air through. Between the front feet are four holes for mounting a drive to the floor of the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now