Inside the Box
Kingwin does a good job of making sure the unit is well protected. On top of being wrapped in bubble wrap, the unit also has thick foam surrounding it on all sides except the front. In front of the unit are the native and modular cables as well as the power cable to give it some cushioning if it needs it.
Here we finally get our first good shot of the unit in person. It has a matte black finish on the bottom of the unit. We also find the I/O specification label placed here.
Flipping the unit over, we find the massive heatsink that keeps the STR-500 cool. Notice that there are also two holes in the heatsink that allows for more airflow and increased heat dissipation around those areas.
The back shows the typical honeycomb mesh grill that we are used to seeing combined with the AC input and on/off rocker switch.
Moving to the front, we see that the Stryker 500W is fully ventilated here. This is something you normally don't see as the goal is to control the exhaust out of the back. With the STR-500, the goal is to simply dissipate as much heat as possible and let the rest of the system deal with removing it from the case.
As we take a look at the sides of the units, we can see that we have a lot of venting here too.
Both sides are vented the same. Providing that your case has sufficient airflow, keeping the Kingwin Stryker 500W cool isn't going to be a problem.
Also included with the Stryker 500W is the user manual, four modular cables, the AC input cable and four thumb screws to mount the unit. It is a shame that these are not black to match the power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio