Inside the Box
Kingwin does a good job of making sure the unit is well protected. On top of being wrapped in bubble wrap, the unit also has thick foam surrounding it on all sides except the front. In front of the unit are the native and modular cables as well as the power cable to give it some cushioning if it needs it.
Here we finally get our first good shot of the unit in person. It has a matte black finish on the bottom of the unit. We also find the I/O specification label placed here.
Flipping the unit over, we find the massive heatsink that keeps the STR-500 cool. Notice that there are also two holes in the heatsink that allows for more airflow and increased heat dissipation around those areas.
The back shows the typical honeycomb mesh grill that we are used to seeing combined with the AC input and on/off rocker switch.
Moving to the front, we see that the Stryker 500W is fully ventilated here. This is something you normally don't see as the goal is to control the exhaust out of the back. With the STR-500, the goal is to simply dissipate as much heat as possible and let the rest of the system deal with removing it from the case.
As we take a look at the sides of the units, we can see that we have a lot of venting here too.
Both sides are vented the same. Providing that your case has sufficient airflow, keeping the Kingwin Stryker 500W cool isn't going to be a problem.
Also included with the Stryker 500W is the user manual, four modular cables, the AC input cable and four thumb screws to mount the unit. It is a shame that these are not black to match the power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards