Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The PC-TU200 is an entirely aluminum Mini Tower chassis that offers a 5.25" drive bay along with the I/O panel installed flush with the front sheet of aluminum behind the Lian Li logo. Unlike the Q25 we've seen, the side panels on this version are not exposed on the edges, again they are built to keep that flush appearance. Where the top, sides, bottom, front and back all meet each other, Lian Li added reinforcements with a layer of aluminum that is curved to round the corners while adding extra structural integrity to the small chassis. It also receives four round aluminum feet to support the chassis while also being industrial enough to be able to take a few hard knocks and still keep doing what they are intended to do.
On the inside, the layout reminded me a lot of the PC-Q25, but again there are some major differences in what is actually included. With the PC-TU200 you get a single 140mm fan in the front acting as the intake to do all the cooling for the chassis. Right behind the fan is a removable hard drive assembly that can house four 3.5" drives and one 2.5" drive on the floor of it. Helping to support the rack on the floor of the chassis, you can find a GPU support system that has been added to this model for longer graphics cards, and behind it, on the floor of the chassis is room for another 2.5" drive installation. On the left of the PC-TU200, as you look into the chassis, the motherboard, cooler, PSU and video cards all go into a relatively compact area. While you can stuff a 300mm video card in here, dual slot at that, you do have an 80mm CPU cooler height limitation and a 140mm PSU length to deal with when choosing components to go inside.
Lian Li made news of the release just over a month ago now, and while I would have expected to have seen the product on the shelves, it just isn't so as I type this out. Looking through Google and actually using e-tailer search engines, I couldn't even locate a pre-purchase listing. That being said, we should expect to see the PC-TU200 hit shelves any day now. I was able to ascertain a price point for the Adventurer and that is an MSRP of $199 that Lian Li has set. My gut reaction is "that is a lot of money for such a small object", but I have seen really good things come to my door in small packages. At this point, I want to go back through everything myself one more time before I give you a thumbs up or thumbs down on Lian Li's Adventurer PC-TU200.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage