Version and / or Patch Used: 1.00.1035BETA
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Replacing Everest in our labs is AIDA64. This new testing suite is from the core development team from Lavalys and continues that tradition. The guys have thrown in better support for multithreaded CPUs as well as full 64 bit support. We use this to test memory and HDDs for now, but may find ourselves opening this up to other areas of the motherboard.
Looking at CPU Cache performance under AIDA64, we can see it's strong and sits very close to the 3960X with it only falling a little back in the L3 write department. Apart from that, the 3930K sits only a little behind the 3960X. Clocked in line with the 3960X, though, we can see that performance between both setups is extremely close. We see that in this case the 2600k manages to sneak ahead, though, thanks to its slightly higher overclock.
Memory performance lines up exactly as we'd expect. If you're interested in reading a bit more on the Quad Channel side of things, though, I recommend you read our Intel X79 Quad Channel and Z68 Dual Channel Memory Performance Analysis article.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 4 [AIDA64]
- Page 5 [PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 6 [CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 7 [3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 8 [Power & Temperature Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'xXx 4' is a go, with Vin Diesel to return
- Major flaw found in Intel CPUs and HT, needs BIOS fix
- Apple talks about designing the touchscreen for iPhone
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- Intel's next-gen 6C/12T: competes with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller