On the testbed side of things there's not heaps that needs to be said as you can see our testbed above which gives us a good run down on what exactly is going on. Since there's not a lot that needs to be said in that department, let's get into the overclocking side of things.
Looking below, you can see our final overclock which comes in at 4874MHz or 4.87GHz as represented in our graphs here today. This was achieved by pushing our BCLK up to 125MHz and our multiplier to 39x.
This is a really nice overclock and sits only a little lower than the Rampage IV Extreme which we saw come in at just over 5GHz. While we did manage to get into Windows at 5GHz via a 40x Multiplier and 125 BCLK, we actually got MediaEspresso up and running and I thought we were stable at this speed, but after about 4 minutes we ended with a BSOD.
Dropping the multiplier down just one notch, though, dropped our clock by only 125MHz as you can see, and it was the difference between the system being rock solid and unstable.
Before we get into the performance side of things, though, we'll just quickly cover the boards that are in our graphs today. We've got the higher end Rampage IV Extreme which we absolutely loved. We also have the MSI X79A-GD65, while we've got some Z68 representation via the Maximus IV Extreme-Z and the FX-8150 is here today via the ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup