On the testbed side of things there's not heaps that needs to be said as you can see our testbed above which gives us a good run down on what exactly is going on. Since there's not a lot that needs to be said in that department, let's get into the overclocking side of things.
Looking below, you can see our final overclock which comes in at 4874MHz or 4.87GHz as represented in our graphs here today. This was achieved by pushing our BCLK up to 125MHz and our multiplier to 39x.
This is a really nice overclock and sits only a little lower than the Rampage IV Extreme which we saw come in at just over 5GHz. While we did manage to get into Windows at 5GHz via a 40x Multiplier and 125 BCLK, we actually got MediaEspresso up and running and I thought we were stable at this speed, but after about 4 minutes we ended with a BSOD.
Dropping the multiplier down just one notch, though, dropped our clock by only 125MHz as you can see, and it was the difference between the system being rock solid and unstable.
Before we get into the performance side of things, though, we'll just quickly cover the boards that are in our graphs today. We've got the higher end Rampage IV Extreme which we absolutely loved. We also have the MSI X79A-GD65, while we've got some Z68 representation via the Maximus IV Extreme-Z and the FX-8150 is here today via the ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Complaints to FCC over data caps rose nearly tenfold in 2015
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- 990fx motherboard with AMD 9370
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched