As good as the "3D BIOS" is, if you want to get down and dirty you'll probably want to hit the ESC button and get into the other side of the BIOS. Here we can see a BIOS layout that is similar to that of a lot of other companies who have jumped on the Graphical UEFI design. Of course, we've got the familiar M.I.T. area here which is where you'll no doubt want to be if you're overclocking.
The M.I.T. layout is very familiar and if you've overclocked on GIGABYTE boards of past, you'll know your way around fairly easily. The options as always are strong and you can see a massive focus on Power Control thanks to the new "3D Power - 3Way Digital Power Engine" that the new X79 boards have implemented.
Outside of the M.I.T. section, you're going to see no real big surprises across the board as you move across the other areas. Considering the amount of "Graphics" implemented in the BIOS, the BIOS runs fairly smooth - not as smooth as some of the others we've used, but for the first time we're seeing the new BIOS, GIGABYTE has done a fantastic job. They're definitely offering a lot more than a lot of other companies when it comes into the BIOS side of things. It's also really nice to finally show pictures of a GIGABYTE BIOS without the need to use my camera.
The new BIOS from GIGABYTE is ultimately just pretty cool and going through it and using it a bit, you don't feel that there needs to be some major overhaul with the design like we've seen from other companies with their first version.
That really covers the new BIOS from GIGABYTE in a fair bit of detail, so let's move onto the testbed side of things and see how we went with overclocking on the new board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand