As good as the "3D BIOS" is, if you want to get down and dirty you'll probably want to hit the ESC button and get into the other side of the BIOS. Here we can see a BIOS layout that is similar to that of a lot of other companies who have jumped on the Graphical UEFI design. Of course, we've got the familiar M.I.T. area here which is where you'll no doubt want to be if you're overclocking.
The M.I.T. layout is very familiar and if you've overclocked on GIGABYTE boards of past, you'll know your way around fairly easily. The options as always are strong and you can see a massive focus on Power Control thanks to the new "3D Power - 3Way Digital Power Engine" that the new X79 boards have implemented.
Outside of the M.I.T. section, you're going to see no real big surprises across the board as you move across the other areas. Considering the amount of "Graphics" implemented in the BIOS, the BIOS runs fairly smooth - not as smooth as some of the others we've used, but for the first time we're seeing the new BIOS, GIGABYTE has done a fantastic job. They're definitely offering a lot more than a lot of other companies when it comes into the BIOS side of things. It's also really nice to finally show pictures of a GIGABYTE BIOS without the need to use my camera.
The new BIOS from GIGABYTE is ultimately just pretty cool and going through it and using it a bit, you don't feel that there needs to be some major overhaul with the design like we've seen from other companies with their first version.
That really covers the new BIOS from GIGABYTE in a fair bit of detail, so let's move onto the testbed side of things and see how we went with overclocking on the new board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis