GIGABYTE has finally made the jump to the new graphical UEFI design with the latest X79 platform and it looks absolutely fantastic. There are essentially two modes; the one you open up with which shows you a picture of the board alongside a more "Advanced" one. We say Advanced in brackets because the first one you're looking at still offers you pretty much all you'd expect. Looking through the images below, though, you'll see how it all works.
As you move around the board, you select areas. In this case you can see we've selected "3D Power", above you can also see it gives a brief explanation on the area. Once we open that up we've got everything really related to the power side of things.
You can see that we can just move over the board and configure different areas; everything from the SATA side of things to the I/O side which shows us all the integrated devices. It's really pretty cool in the sense if you go, 'ok, I want to disable onboard networking because I'm just going to use the WiFi card included', you just click on the I/O ports at the back of the board. Want to do overclocking? You go to the CPU area which gives us options for, well, "System Tuning" which can be seen above.
In the bottom left corner you can also flip the board around in case you want to get a view from the other side or want to make sure that you don't miss selecting anything. This is literally only half of the BIOS, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- Destiny: Xur's Three of Coins exotic drop buff will be a gamble
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20