GIGABYTE has finally made the jump to the new graphical UEFI design with the latest X79 platform and it looks absolutely fantastic. There are essentially two modes; the one you open up with which shows you a picture of the board alongside a more "Advanced" one. We say Advanced in brackets because the first one you're looking at still offers you pretty much all you'd expect. Looking through the images below, though, you'll see how it all works.
As you move around the board, you select areas. In this case you can see we've selected "3D Power", above you can also see it gives a brief explanation on the area. Once we open that up we've got everything really related to the power side of things.
You can see that we can just move over the board and configure different areas; everything from the SATA side of things to the I/O side which shows us all the integrated devices. It's really pretty cool in the sense if you go, 'ok, I want to disable onboard networking because I'm just going to use the WiFi card included', you just click on the I/O ports at the back of the board. Want to do overclocking? You go to the CPU area which gives us options for, well, "System Tuning" which can be seen above.
In the bottom left corner you can also flip the board around in case you want to get a view from the other side or want to make sure that you don't miss selecting anything. This is literally only half of the BIOS, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- VTech hacked and 4.8 million accounts compromised, links to children
- 4K TV show tormenting is now a reality
- OnePlus blames third-parties for faulty USB Type-C cable and adapter
- 4Chan fights terrorism with humor, photoshopping rubber ducks on ISIS
- Russian hackers have scraped over $790 million in three years
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis