GIGABYTE has finally made the jump to the new graphical UEFI design with the latest X79 platform and it looks absolutely fantastic. There are essentially two modes; the one you open up with which shows you a picture of the board alongside a more "Advanced" one. We say Advanced in brackets because the first one you're looking at still offers you pretty much all you'd expect. Looking through the images below, though, you'll see how it all works.
As you move around the board, you select areas. In this case you can see we've selected "3D Power", above you can also see it gives a brief explanation on the area. Once we open that up we've got everything really related to the power side of things.
You can see that we can just move over the board and configure different areas; everything from the SATA side of things to the I/O side which shows us all the integrated devices. It's really pretty cool in the sense if you go, 'ok, I want to disable onboard networking because I'm just going to use the WiFi card included', you just click on the I/O ports at the back of the board. Want to do overclocking? You go to the CPU area which gives us options for, well, "System Tuning" which can be seen above.
In the bottom left corner you can also flip the board around in case you want to get a view from the other side or want to make sure that you don't miss selecting anything. This is literally only half of the BIOS, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset