Version and / or Patch Used: 1.00.1035BETA
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Replacing Everest in our labs is AIDA64. This new testing suite is from the core development team from Lavalys and continues that tradition. The guys have thrown in better support for multithreaded CPUs as well as full 64 bit support. We use this to test memory and HDDs for now, but may find ourselves opening this up to other areas of the motherboard.
Looking at read performance, it's nice to see that the new processor isn't plagued with the issues we saw from the new FX line from AMD. Instead we've got strong performance across the board which sees it sneak ahead of the 2600k with the best gain being in L1 Cache performance. Overclocked yields a big boost in performance, but you can see the slightly higher clocked 2600k manages to sneak ahead of it.
Write performance paints an almost identical picture to read and we can see at stock the 3960X manages to come out ahead of everything. Overclocked, the only setup that sits near it is the slightly higher clocked 2600k which manages to actually sneak ahead.
The introduction of Quad Channel memory means we're going to start to see a bunch of new kits. The introduction of the Sandy Bridge platform and its Dual Channel implementation, though, shows us that while the X58 platform was Triple Channel, the better optimization from the Dual Channel P67 / Z68 platform can offer more memory bandwidth.
While we see clear benefits on the new platform over the X58 one, the Dual Channel performance out of the Z68 platform seems to be superior in some areas. Overclocked we can see that while read performance is better on the 3960X, Write performance is better on the 2600k with both offering similar performance for Copy speeds. Talking to companies, these numbers seem to line up with internal testing, but it seems that some programs can't show the benefit as well as others. I think as time goes on we'll get a better idea of what's going on with the new Quad Channel platform.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives